Man hours calculation

Mama Mia

      1st Oct 2008
How do I calculate man hours for a month?

Mike H

      1st Oct 2008
Not enough information, we need to see some sample data

Mike

"Mama Mia" wrote:

> How do I calculate man hours for a month?

Niek Otten

      1st Oct 2008
=NETWORKDAYS(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1),EOMONTH(A1,0),Holidays)*8

For 8 hours workdays. Holidays is a range with holiday dates. Look in HELP for NETWORKDAYS() for details. A1 contains a date in
the appropriate month. The day doesn't matter.
If you get a #NAME error:
Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpak.

"Mama Mia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
| How do I calculate man hours for a month?

David Biddulph

      1st Oct 2008
If you have times in Excel time format hh:mm, add them up and multiply the
result by 24 to get an answer in decimal hours (formatted as general or
number, not as time).
--
David Biddulph

"Mama Mia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I calculate man hours for a month?

ShaneDevenshire

      1st Oct 2008
Hi,

Here is another answer depending on what you are really asking:

If you have a column of times (entries of the form 7:00), say C2:C33 and you
want to get the total
=sum(c2:C33) and then formatting the cell to [h]:mm:ss format.

Or maybe you want to use =SUMIF(A2:A33,"Man Hours",C2:C33)
and to get Woman hours
=SUMIF(A2:A33,"Woman Hours",C2:C33)

You can see that you got 3 or 4 completely different answers, because you
question is not complete.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Mama Mia" wrote:

> How do I calculate man hours for a month?

Rick Rothstein

      1st Oct 2008
When in doubt as to what something is, the internet is a wonderful
resource...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_hours

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Mama Mia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I calculate man hours for a month?

raj rajesh

      20th Apr 2010
man hours calculations as per indian standared.
for the month,year,deducts for the ltis, fatals.

MamaMi wrote:

Man hours calculation
01-Oct-08

How do I calculate man hours for a month?

On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 6:18 AM
MamaMi wrote:

Man hours calculation
How do I calculate man hours for a month?

On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 6:33 AM
Mike wrote:

RE: Man hours calculation
Not enough information, we need to see some sample dat

Mik

"Mama Mia" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:26 AM
Niek Otten wrote:

=NETWORKDAYS(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1),EOMONTH(A1,0),Holidays)*8For 8 hours
=NETWORKDAYS(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1),EOMONTH(A1,0),Holidays)*

For 8 hours workdays. Holidays is a range with holiday dates. Look in HELP for NETWORKDAYS() for details. A1 contains a date in
the appropriate month. The day doesn't matter
If you get a #NAME error
Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpak

"Mama Mia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...

On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:27 AM
David Biddulph wrote:

Re: Man hours calculation
If you have times in Excel time format hh:mm, add them up and multiply th
result by 24 to get an answer in decimal hours (formatted as general o
number, not as time)
-
David Biddulph

On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 10:26 AM
ShaneDevenshir wrote:

RE: Man hours calculation
Hi

Here is another answer depending on what you are really asking

If you have a column of times (entries of the form 7:00), say C2:C33 and you
want to get the tota
=sum(c2:C33) and then formatting the cell to [h]:mm:ss format

Or maybe you want to use =SUMIF(A2:A33,"Man Hours",C2:C33
and to get Woman hour
=SUMIF(A2:A33,"Woman Hours",C2:C33

You can see that you got 3 or 4 completely different answers, because you
question is not complete.

--
Thanks
Shane Devenshir

"Mama Mia" wrote:

On Wednesday, October 01, 2008 11:53 AM
Rick Rothstein wrote:

When in doubt as to what something is, the internet is a wonderful resource...
When in doubt as to what something is, the internet is a wonderfu
resource..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_hour

-
Rick (MVP - Excel)

On Sunday, May 24, 2009 12:52 AM
lokesh kumar wrote:

answer
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Tuesday, July 07, 2009 10:48 AM
MHAHMED wrote:

EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE MAN HOURS CALCULATION PROCESS
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Friday, August 28, 2009 11:18 AM
nazia wrote:

EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE MAN HOURS CALCULATION PROCESS
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Friday, August 28, 2009 11:19 AM
nazia wrote:

8r68iro908
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

A Framework to Animate WPF and Silverlight Pages Similar to the PowerPoint Slides
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...nimate-wp.aspx

New Member

      15th Jun 2010
I have 541man hours remaining. How many carpenters will I need and what will be the duration. Could you give me the formula?

New Member

      15th Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike H

"Mama Mia" wrote:

> How do I calculate man hours for a month?
5000 total man hours

What's the man power needed?

What will the duration be?

New Member