Making individual sentEnces in a text box to appear

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0IEI=?=

      3rd Mar 2007
I have 5 lines of text, all in the same text box. I can apply make the entire
text box 'appear' all at once, but how do I make the individual lines each
appear one-at-a-time after the mouse click?

From reading these forums I'm thinking that perhaps I have to use a bulleted
list??? If so, can I use a bullted list without the bullets? thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBXaWxzb24=?=

      3rd Mar 2007
Double click the entry in custom animation
With the text animation tab > group text by 1st level paragraphs
--
Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials-http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipshome.html

"Pat B" wrote:

> I have 5 lines of text, all in the same text box. I can apply make the entire
> text box 'appear' all at once, but how do I make the individual lines each
> appear one-at-a-time after the mouse click?
>
> From reading these forums I'm thinking that perhaps I have to use a bulleted
> list??? If so, can I use a bullted list without the bullets? thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0IEI=?=

      3rd Mar 2007
Thanks John. My problem is the the only choice in the text animation box is
"As One Object"- even when I select all the text prior to opening the dialog
box.

Is there a problem with how I set up my text box? I created my text box by
simply hitting the "enter" key between the lines of text, and assume that
would properly delinate the text as being different paragraphs.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBXaWxzb24=?=

      3rd Mar 2007
Sorry to ask this but I've no idea what your skill level is!

Do you know the difference between a text box, title placeholder and text
placeholder? Are you sure the text isnt in a title placeholder.

How did you apply the animation and what type is it?
--

"Pat B" wrote:

> Thanks John. My problem is the the only choice in the text animation box is
> "As One Object"- even when I select all the text prior to opening the dialog
> box.
>
> Is there a problem with how I set up my text box? I created my text box by
> simply hitting the "enter" key between the lines of text, and assume that
> would properly delinate the text as being different paragraphs.

Echo S

      3rd Mar 2007
The "group by" options you have usually depend on the animation you've
chosen. Try something simple like a wipe or appear and see if you have more
options. More complicated stuff -- swivels, spirals, etc. -- usually will
only do "as one object."

Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/

"Pat B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks John. My problem is the the only choice in the text animation box
> is
> "As One Object"- even when I select all the text prior to opening the
> dialog
> box.
>
> Is there a problem with how I set up my text box? I created my text box by
> simply hitting the "enter" key between the lines of text, and assume that
> would properly delinate the text as being different paragraphs.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBXaWxzb24=?=

      3rd Mar 2007
I think all text animations can be line by line though I must admit I only
ever use two!
--

"Echo S" wrote:

> The "group by" options you have usually depend on the animation you've
> chosen. Try something simple like a wipe or appear and see if you have more
> options. More complicated stuff -- swivels, spirals, etc. -- usually will
> only do "as one object."
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/
>
> "Pat B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks John. My problem is the the only choice in the text animation box
> > is
> > "As One Object"- even when I select all the text prior to opening the
> > dialog
> > box.
> >
> > Is there a problem with how I set up my text box? I created my text box by
> > simply hitting the "enter" key between the lines of text, and assume that
> > would properly delinate the text as being different paragraphs.

Echo S

      4th Mar 2007
I checked before I posted.

Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/

"John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think all text animations can be line by line though I must admit I only
> ever use two!
> --
> Amazing PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials-http://www.PPTAlchemy.co.uk
> http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipshome.html
> email john AT technologytrish.co.uk
>

> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> The "group by" options you have usually depend on the animation you've
>> chosen. Try something simple like a wipe or appear and see if you have
>> more
>> options. More complicated stuff -- swivels, spirals, etc. -- usually will
>> only do "as one object."
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances
>> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/
>>
>> "Pat B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Thanks John. My problem is the the only choice in the text animation
>> > box
>> > is
>> > "As One Object"- even when I select all the text prior to opening the
>> > dialog
>> > box.
>> >
>> > Is there a problem with how I set up my text box? I created my text box
>> > by
>> > simply hitting the "enter" key between the lines of text, and assume
>> > that
>> > would properly delinate the text as being different paragraphs.

Echo S

      4th Mar 2007
I checked before I posted, and at least the two I mentioned allow only "as