Mailmerge to Outlook from Word

Some guy on the newsgroup

      1st Jun 2006
Hi,
I attempted to do a Mailmerge to Outlook from Word.
I worked OK but the messages were dumped into my Outbox and were sent off
before I could modify them.

Yep ! I need to modify hem before they go.
I need to attach various files to various messages so I need the mails to be
deposited in some other Outlook Folder where they can remain "on hold" or
else some way to suspend the Outbox behaviour that send the messages as soon
as it can.

Is that possible ?

Thanks

Some guy on the newsgroup

Some guy on the newsgroup

      1st Jun 2006
I'm sure Sue will have the answer for this ..

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      1st Jun 2006
File | Work Offline, or unplug the network cable.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Some guy on the newsgroup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:447f10fc$0$19702$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I attempted to do a Mailmerge to Outlook from Word.
> I worked OK but the messages were dumped into my Outbox and were sent off
> before I could modify them.
>
> Yep ! I need to modify hem before they go.
> I need to attach various files to various messages so I need the mails to be
> deposited in some other Outlook Folder where they can remain "on hold" or
> else some way to suspend the Outbox behaviour that send the messages as soon
> as it can.
>
> Is that possible ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Some guy on the newsgroup

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      1st Jun 2006
Why don't you just set Outlook to Work Offline before you complete the
merge?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Some guy on the newsgroup"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:447f10fc$0$19702$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I attempted to do a Mailmerge to Outlook from Word.
> I worked OK but the messages were dumped into my Outbox and were sent off
> before I could modify them.
>
> Yep ! I need to modify hem before they go.
> I need to attach various files to various messages so I need the mails to
> be deposited in some other Outlook Folder where they can remain "on hold"
> or else some way to suspend the Outbox behaviour that send the messages as
> soon as it can.
>
> Is that possible ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Some guy on the newsgroup