Mail Merge Using a Template

faceman28208@yahoo.com

      31st May 2010
I need to create labels using a non-standard label. The manufacturer
has provided a Word template for the labels.

How can i do a mail merge into the template?

Whenever I try, Word asks me for a standard label.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      31st May 2010

This is quite doable, but how you approach it will depend on the version of
Word you are using, which you have not stated.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to create labels using a non-standard label. The manufacturer
> has provided a Word template for the labels.
>
> How can i do a mail merge into the template?
>
> Whenever I try, Word asks me for a standard label.

Graham Mayor

      1st Jun 2010
Cancel the dialog requesting the label and continue.
See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

On May 31, 6:49*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> This is quite doable, but how you approach it will depend on the version of
> Word you are using, which you have not stated.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      1st Jun 2010

1. Open a document based on your template.

2. Click on Start Mail Merge and choose Labels.

3. Dismiss the Labels dialog.

4. Go on to Select Recipients and the rest.

Or:

1. Create a document based on your template and save it.

2. Click on Start Mail Merge and choose Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard.

3. Select Labels as the type and click Next.

4. In Step 2, select "Start from existing document" and select the document
you saved.

If you have already created a data source, I recommend Method 1 as much
easier.