Mail merge to fax from Word - lost page format

Alien

      5th Jan 2004
Hi,
For test purposes (to check functionality) I setup W2000 NSBS server
with one XPPro workstation as client. Client has OfficeXPPro installed
(OutlookXP as mail client for Exchange2000). I setup fax serices to
send fax using mail merge command from Word: special field with
[Fax:number] in Contacts ....
Problem: even if I'm sending as fax standard templates (for
example:Professional Fax) faxes are reaching destinatin number, but
are completly unformatted - for example without table columns (I'm
sending only as HTML, other options: text and attachment are not
working - Outlook say's he can't deliver mail).
I suspect that problem is in render procedure of HTML type.
Both: server and workstation are fully updated (office too).
Regards,

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      5th Jan 2004
So are you using SBS Fax with Windows XP Fax as the client? Are you merging
to electronic mail?
I can't reproduce your environment. Merges to Windows XP Fax from Outlook
2002 in HTML retain formatting because Word does the rendering.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Alien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> For test purposes (to check functionality) I setup W2000 NSBS server
> with one XPPro workstation as client. Client has OfficeXPPro installed
> (OutlookXP as mail client for Exchange2000). I setup fax serices to
> send fax using mail merge command from Word: special field with
> [Fax:number] in Contacts ....
> Problem: even if I'm sending as fax standard templates (for
> example:Professional Fax) faxes are reaching destinatin number, but
> are completly unformatted - for example without table columns (I'm
> sending only as HTML, other options: text and attachment are not
> working - Outlook say's he can't deliver mail).
> I suspect that problem is in render procedure of HTML type.
> Both: server and workstation are fully updated (office too).
> Regards,

Alien

      19th Jan 2004
Exactly configuration as is: SBS2000 with Fax + client WinXP with
OfficeXP as client: in Outlook fax looks good (viewing in send items
shows how it was prepared), but on target looks unformated. So I
think, problem in reendering engine fax prepared to send (question is
what is rendering faxes sended via Exchange: server or station ?)

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> So are you using SBS Fax with Windows XP Fax as the client? Are you merging
> to electronic mail?
> I can't reproduce your environment. Merges to Windows XP Fax from Outlook
> 2002 in HTML retain formatting because Word does the rendering.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alien" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > For test purposes (to check functionality) I setup W2000 NSBS server
> > with one XPPro workstation as client. Client has OfficeXPPro installed
> > (OutlookXP as mail client for Exchange2000). I setup fax serices to
> > send fax using mail merge command from Word: special field with
> > [Fax:number] in Contacts ....
> > Problem: even if I'm sending as fax standard templates (for
> > example:Professional Fax) faxes are reaching destinatin number, but
> > are completly unformatted - for example without table columns (I'm
> > sending only as HTML, other options: text and attachment are not
> > working - Outlook say's he can't deliver mail).
> > I suspect that problem is in render procedure of HTML type.
> > Both: server and workstation are fully updated (office too).
> > Regards,

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      19th Jan 2004
That's the part I can't check because I can't reproduce that environment.
Word is doing the rendering of HTML merges in a standalone environment.