Macro on Quick Access

Kerry

      18th May 2010
I have been successful dozens of times by adding macros to my Quick Access
Toolbar. This time, however, I'm having a problem. The macro I created
("convert") is a merging of two other macros ("convertinstructions" and
"convertbenchbook"). I deleted the previous icon from the toolbar and added
the new "convert" macro icon. When I clicked on it, a message box came up
with the words "Microsoft Visual Basic" at the top and just a red circle with
a white X in the middle, with two options to click "OK" and "Help". However,
when I open the Macro menu and Run it, it works perfectly. I have
reinstalled the previous icon as well as other icons and they all work, just
not "convert". I have deleted it from the Visual Basic and re-created it,
and I have also exited out of all Office apps to try and reset anything that
may be making this happen. Can anyone help me to figure out why this
particular one just won't work?

Graham Mayor

      19th May 2010
What is the code that you are trying to run?
Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm will help?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Kerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been successful dozens of times by adding macros to my Quick Access
> Toolbar. This time, however, I'm having a problem. The macro I created
> ("convert") is a merging of two other macros ("convertinstructions" and
> "convertbenchbook"). I deleted the previous icon from the toolbar and
> added
> the new "convert" macro icon. When I clicked on it, a message box came up
> with the words "Microsoft Visual Basic" at the top and just a red circle
> with
> a white X in the middle, with two options to click "OK" and "Help".
> However,
> when I open the Macro menu and Run it, it works perfectly. I have
> reinstalled the previous icon as well as other icons and they all work,
> just
> not "convert". I have deleted it from the Visual Basic and re-created it,
> and I have also exited out of all Office apps to try and reset anything
> that
> may be making this happen. Can anyone help me to figure out why this
> particular one just won't work?

Kerry

      21st May 2010
It really doesn't have anything to do with the code, because it does run when
I open the Macro menu and run it from there. Also, all the other macros that
I put on the Quick Access toolbar perform fine. It's just that there's
something wrong with this particular one. Any ideas?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> What is the code that you are trying to run?
> Maybe http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm will help?
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Kerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have been successful dozens of times by adding macros to my Quick Access
> > Toolbar. This time, however, I'm having a problem. The macro I created
> > ("convert") is a merging of two other macros ("convertinstructions" and
> > "convertbenchbook"). I deleted the previous icon from the toolbar and
> > added
> > the new "convert" macro icon. When I clicked on it, a message box came up
> > with the words "Microsoft Visual Basic" at the top and just a red circle
> > with
> > a white X in the middle, with two options to click "OK" and "Help".
> > However,
> > when I open the Macro menu and Run it, it works perfectly. I have
> > reinstalled the previous icon as well as other icons and they all work,
> > just
> > not "convert". I have deleted it from the Visual Basic and re-created it,
> > and I have also exited out of all Office apps to try and reset anything
> > that
> > may be making this happen. Can anyone help me to figure out why this
> > particular one just won't work?

> .

New Member

      20th Apr 2012
We have the same problem. Did this question ever get answered?

New Member

      25th Apr 2012
I have just encountered the same problem. After spending ages googling for a solution, I stumbled across it myself. I don't know if it's the same cause in every instance, but in my case it was simply the name of the macro. Mine was "Envelope", obviously being recognised by Word as something other than a user macro. Changing the name to "PrintEnvelope" (or anything other than "Envelope") resolved the issue. Other people that I found had been reporting this problem had macros called "Email" and "convert". It's quite possible that names like this would cause the same issue.