PC Review

Macro in Excel 2007

28th Dec 2010
I want to create a macro which can be used for all excel files.
Can anyone guide me how to deploy a macros for for all excel files.

Right now I get the following message - Trying to store recorded macro in personal macro workbook.
I get error message "presonal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording"

26th Jun 2011
Hi,

I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to write a simple macro which will be triggered whenever the value of a specific cell is changed. There are numerous threads on this, but I would not get it working. I am not sure if the solutions/suggestions were meant for Excel 97 and they do not work in Excel 2007. Here is the codes they suggested.

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
'Type your Macro name here
MsgBox "A1 value is changing"
End If
End Sub

When I entered these codes in the Sheet1 and/or This workbook, I cannot activate this marco from the excel spread itself. When I click on Macro, it did not show the Workseet_change as the marco or procedure under Macro. Can anyone help me ?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: