Macro available to multiple users via network

ABlevins

      16th May 2008
I need to make a macro available to multiple users via our office network. I
can create the macro easily using the Macro Recorder; but, I can't access the
the Personal.xls folder of all the users who need to use it. Any suggestions
on how to share the macro (while protecting it from accidental tampering by
others)?

JW

      16th May 2008
On May 16, 11:40*am, ABlevins <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I need to make a macro available to multiple users via our office network.*I
> can create the macro easily using the Macro Recorder; but, I can't access the
> the Personal.xls folder of all the users who need to use it. *Any suggestions
> on how to share the macro (while protecting it from accidental tampering by
> others)?

I would suggest making it an Add-In and having everyone install the
Add-In through Tools-->Add-Ins.

Norman Jones

      16th May 2008
Hi A,

In addition to JW's excellent suggestion, try
placing the Add-in in a common network
share. Then the add-in can be installed, as
suggested by JW, via Tools | Addins. This
will also make maintenence easier.

If you are new to the world of add-in
creation, distribution and installation, see
Jan Karel Pieterse's excellent tutorial at

Creating An Add-in From An Excel Macro.
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm

---
Regards.
Norman

"ABlevins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to make a macro available to multiple users via our office network.
> can create the macro easily using the Macro Recorder; but, I can't access
> the
> the Personal.xls folder of all the users who need to use it. Any
> suggestions
> on how to share the macro (while protecting it from accidental tampering
> by
> others)?

JW

      16th May 2008
On May 16, 12:13*pm, "Norman Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi A,
>
> In addition to JW's excellent suggestion, try
> placing the Add-in in a common network
> share. Then the add-in can be installed, as
> suggested by JW, via *Tools | Addins. This
> will also make maintenence easier.
>
> If you are new to the world of add-in
> creation, distribution and installation, see
> Jan Karel Pieterse's excellent tutorial at
>
> * * * * Creating An Add-in From An Excel Macro.
> * * * *http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm
>
> ---
> Regards.
> Norman
>
> "ABlevins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> >I need to make a macro available to multiple users via our office network..
> > can create the macro easily using the Macro Recorder; but, I can't access
> > the
> > the Personal.xls folder of all the users who need to use it. *Any
> > suggestions
> > on how to share the macro (while protecting it from accidental tampering
> > by
> > others)?- Hide quoted text -

And, in addition to Norman's response, have a look at Ken Puls' info
regarding deploying an add-in across a network. I use a modified
version of this code almost daily.

http://www.excelguru.ca/node/45