Mac connecting to Win2K share folders

Calvin Lim

      14th Oct 2003
Dear all,

I am a system administrator, and i would like to ask a
question on the following issue...

My boss is using a MAC powerbook and he is connecting to
our Windows 2000 server share folder. He manage to
connect it without any problem last time... but recently
he complains that after connecting to the share folder
for some time... it will automatically disconnect and any
chances of reconnecting will fail. He can only rectify
this by rebooting his MAC powerbook.. Can anyone help me
on this??

Thanks...

Calvin Lim
System Admin

Andy Fitch

      14th Oct 2003
I've seen connection timeout errors in the NT event logs
before - could be a lead
Andy

bchargnon

      29th Oct 2003
I'm seeing the same thing, and can't find a solution. It seems to coincide
with my customer's upgrading her Mac OS9 to a G5 running OSX.

I tried increasing the Lanman timeout on the 2000 server, but that didn't
affect the problem. My Ibook doesn't exhibit the same problem even though
it is running OSX.

My customer is not happy.

Is it possible that there is a timeout setting on the Mac that needs to be
adjusted?

news:2ae0601c3929f$ffa51490$(E-Mail Removed)...