M68k in Where?

Poly-poly man

      19th Jul 2006
I have a chip labeled "MC68HC16Z1FC20". What can you tell me about this
chip? I googled it, and got a bunch of places selling it, but no info.
You'll never guess where I found it, though: On a Jaz Drive!

tia,
poly-p man

Paul

      19th Jul 2006
In article <U4vvg.5896$Ss2.2341@trnddc01>, Poly-poly man
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a chip labeled "MC68HC16Z1FC20". What can you tell me about this
> chip? I googled it, and got a bunch of places selling it, but no info.
> You'll never guess where I found it, though: On a Jaz Drive!
>
> tia,
> poly-p man

Go here:

http://www.freescale.com

and enter 68HC16 in the part number search box.

I didn't find an exact match, but that chip is a member of
the same family of microcontrollers.

Freescale is the processor division of Motorola (MC).
Onsemi got quite a few of the discrete components from the old
Motorola. Sometimes this makes it hard to track down
info on old parts.

Paul

Rod Speed

      19th Jul 2006

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...8HC16Z1&srch=1

> I googled it, and got a bunch of places selling it, but no info.

You have to use the root part of the number, MC68HC16Z1 in this case.

> You'll never guess where I found it, though: On a Jaz Drive!

Not usual at all, its a commonly used 8 bit micro.

Poly-poly man

      19th Jul 2006
Rod Speed wrote:
> Poly-poly man <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have a chip labeled "MC68HC16Z1FC20". What can you tell me about this chip?

> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...8HC16Z1&srch=1
>
>> I googled it, and got a bunch of places selling it, but no info.

> You have to use the root part of the number, MC68HC16Z1 in this case.
>
>> You'll never guess where I found it, though: On a Jaz Drive!

> Not usual at all, its a commonly used 8 bit micro.

Thanks. I might (if I'm REALLLY bored one day) build a little sbc and
play with it.

poly-p man