low virtual memory - Windows 2000

Elisa

      21st Jan 2004
I have a workstation that suddenly will only see 20 mg for
the pagefile regardless of what the min/max are set to.
They are set to 850 now. If I change the min/max the
currently allocated number does not change and I receive
an error when the machine is booted up.

George Hester

      21st Jan 2004
Set the NTFS permissions on the root of the drive where pagefile.sys lives (usually C drive) to Everyone full permissions. Just that "folder."

--
George Hester
__________________________________
"Elisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:1ea301c3e041$734e6740$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a workstation that suddenly will only see 20 mg for
> the pagefile regardless of what the min/max are set to.
> They are set to 850 now. If I change the min/max the
> currently allocated number does not change and I receive
> an error when the machine is booted up.

Bob I

      21st Jan 2004
Does "Everyone" have full permission to the C: drive or where ever you
put the pagefile?