Lotus to Word conversion.

socrtwo

      17th May 2006
Sorry for all the posts. Just trying to emphasize that I thought IBM's
hosting of Keyview was long gone.

GreenieLeBrun

      17th May 2006

Susan Bugher wrote:
> GreenieLeBrun wrote:
>
> > Susan Bugher wrote:

> >>Did you try the link? It's not working here.

> > Try :-
> >
> > ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/pro...te/Kvlotus.exe
> >
> > They must be running a Unix type of OS - what a difference a capital
> > letter makes ;-)

> Tis true. I've been trying to track down the versions of KeyView (the
> Wayback Machine isn't responding ATM). . . per one web page I found it
> looks like kvlot32.exe is the more recent version. Note the date on this
> information:
>
> <http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/ssforum.nsf/ResponsePrint?OpenForm&ParentUNID=85F2CA8D41A4ACD9852570F2006FC1CB>
>
> </q>
> RE: Reading word pro 9.0 files in xp
> Posted by JF Fontaine on 01/10/2006 at 03:20 PM
> Category: WordProRelease: All ReleasesPlatform: Windows XP
>
> Hi,
>
> In the past, Lotus provided a software, a limited version of a
> commercial software, called KeyView. With it, it was possible to open
> and print files created with Smartsuite, namely wordpro files. But I
> don't know if it will work under XP
>
> You can donwload if at
> ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/product/smartsuite/ (file kvlot32.exe)
> or from the free download aera at www.xpertss.com
> </q>
>
> Susan
> --
> Posted to alt.comp.freeware
> Search alt.comp.freeware (or read it online):
> http://www.google.com/advanced_group....comp.freeware
> Pricelessware & ACF: http://www.pricelesswarehome.org
> Pricelessware: http://www.pricelessware.org (not maintained)

I managed to track down kvlot32.exe at
http://www.manitoulintransport.com/d.../key_view.html

The ftp.lotus site only has Kvlot.exe

Susan Bugher

      17th May 2006
GreenieLeBrun wrote:

> I managed to track down kvlot32.exe at
> http://www.manitoulintransport.com/d.../key_view.html

I'm *guessing* you haven't read all the posts in this thread. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://www.google.com/advanced_group....comp.freeware

Phil Rowley

      17th May 2006
Yes, Lotus Smartsuite runs fine under XP.

Lotus Wordpro can do everything that M$ Word can, but it's leaner, more
intuitive to use and quicker !

Phil