Lost Sound After Upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?RHByaW50?=

      31st Oct 2004
I recently upgraded from Win98 SE to 2000. Since then have no sound. Device
Manager shows unrecognized audio device with no drivers installed. Have
reinstalled audio software which says it can't find an audio device to
install drivers for. This software is supposed to be compatible with 2000.

Can anyone help?? Thanks Dennis D.

S.P. Goodman

      1st Nov 2004

"Dprint" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| I recently upgraded from Win98 SE to 2000. Since then have no sound.
Device
| Manager shows unrecognized audio device with no drivers installed. Have
| reinstalled audio software which says it can't find an audio device to
| install drivers for. This software is supposed to be compatible with
2000.

Whats the sound device in question?

--
Stephen Goodman
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff

Bob I

      1st Nov 2004
Unless you installed a Windows 2000 driver for the sound card you will
not have sound. When you determine the soundcard you have in the box,
visit the manufacturers web site and download the driver for the model
card that you have and install it. Then the sound will work.