lost oper, sys.

samrrrr

      23rd Jan 2009
i have windows xp home service pack 3. my doughter was on it she came
out told me something was wrong. i have no operating sys so i used my
disc i copied when i first bought my pc. on the black screen i have.
press r for standard recovery. press f all will be lost. if i press f
a y comes up under fsays install new oper.sys. first put in disc
sometime it starts to run on the bars on bottom then it act like its
coming on then it skips operation and goes to hard dic sits a little
the a warning like cannot format user partition sys. recov, cannot
continue there`s an ok i press it starts over with the options.
sometimes it says disc error. but not allways.

David B.

      23rd Jan 2009
AGAIN, what is the make and model of PC? IF it is OEM (HP, Dell, etc) you
need to contact their support department for help with their recovery
process, it is not a Windows issue.

"samrrrr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have windows xp home service pack 3. my doughter was on it she came
> out told me something was wrong. i have no operating sys so i used my
> disc i copied when i first bought my pc. on the black screen i have.
> press r for standard recovery. press f all will be lost. if i press f
> a y comes up under fsays install new oper.sys. first put in disc
> sometime it starts to run on the bars on bottom then it act like its
> coming on then it skips operation and goes to hard dic sits a little
> the a warning like cannot format user partition sys. recov, cannot
> continue there`s an ok i press it starts over with the options.
> sometimes it says disc error. but not allways.

peter

      24th Jan 2009
it seems like you bought a system with preinstalled OS and the copy you made
does NOT work on any other Computer other than yours...
Contact the manufacturer of your daughters computer to get a Recovery set

pk

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"samrrrr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i have windows xp home service pack 3. my doughter was on it she came
> out told me something was wrong. i have no operating sys so i used my
> disc i copied when i first bought my pc. on the black screen i have.
> press r for standard recovery. press f all will be lost. if i press f
> a y comes up under fsays install new oper.sys. first put in disc
> sometime it starts to run on the bars on bottom then it act like its
> coming on then it skips operation and goes to hard dic sits a little
> the a warning like cannot format user partition sys. recov, cannot
> continue there`s an ok i press it starts over with the options.
> sometimes it says disc error. but not allways.

smlunatick

      26th Jan 2009
On Jan 23, 4:36*pm, samrrrr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i have windows xp home service pack 3. my doughter was on it she came
> out told me something was wrong. i have no operating sys so i used my
> disc i copied when i first bought my pc. on the black screen i have.
> press r for standard recovery. press f all will be lost. if i press f
> a y comes up under fsays install new oper.sys. first put in disc
> sometime it starts to run on the bars on bottom then it act like its
> coming on then it skips operation and goes to hard dic sits a little
> the a warning like cannot format user partition sys. recov, cannot
> continue there`s an ok i press it starts over with the options.
> sometimes it says disc error. but not allways.

You may have a bigger problem ad it might be that the PC can no longer
see the boot hard drive correctly. Since the install process is
having problems, the hard drive could be dead, dieing or defective.
You may need to replace the hard drive.