LOST FILMSTRIP VIEW

djdwill

      18th Jan 2008
I recently lost my view "filmstrip" options in windows picture viewer. I've
read some of these similar problems and answers. Running REGSVR32 /i
SHIMGVW.DLL and trying to customize in a folder/properties didn't give me an
option to customize. I also tried under tools/folder options/general/tasks
to choose "show common tasks, but it stays gray (inactive) even when I try
apply and ok. I don't know how I lost it, but I really use it a lot and need
to find out how to get it back.
Any ideas??????????????

John Inzer

      18th Jan 2008
djdwill wrote:
> I recently lost my view "filmstrip" options in windows picture
> viewer. I've read some of these similar problems and answers.
> Running REGSVR32 /i SHIMGVW.DLL and trying to customize in a
> folder/properties didn't give me an option to customize. I also
> tried under tools/folder options/general/tasks to choose "show common
> tasks, but it stays gray (inactive) even when I try apply and ok. I
> don't know how I lost it, but I really use it a lot and need to find
> out how to get it back.
> Any ideas??????????????

=================================
If you right click a folder and choose...
Properties...do you see the Customize tab?
If you do...open the drop window and choose ...
Pictures / Apply / OK.

After running the regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll
command....did you receive the dialog box
that says:

DllRegisterServer and DllInstall in shimgvw.dll succeeded

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

djdwill

      23rd Jan 2008
I do not see the option "customize" when I right click a folder, only general
and sharing tabs appear.
Yes, I did get the "succeeded" message after running the regsvr32 /i
shimgvw.dll
What exactly is that function for?

"John Inzer" wrote:

> djdwill wrote:
> > I recently lost my view "filmstrip" options in windows picture
> > viewer. I've read some of these similar problems and answers.
> > Running REGSVR32 /i SHIMGVW.DLL and trying to customize in a
> > folder/properties didn't give me an option to customize. I also
> > tried under tools/folder options/general/tasks to choose "show common
> > tasks, but it stays gray (inactive) even when I try apply and ok. I
> > don't know how I lost it, but I really use it a lot and need to find
> > out how to get it back.
> > Any ideas??????????????

> =================================
> If you right click a folder and choose...
> Properties...do you see the Customize tab?
> If you do...open the drop window and choose ...
> Pictures / Apply / OK.
>
> After running the regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll
> command....did you receive the dialog box
> that says:
>
> DllRegisterServer and DllInstall in shimgvw.dll succeeded
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

      23rd Jan 2008
djdwill wrote:
> I do not see the option "customize" when I right click a folder, only
> general and sharing tabs appear.

=============================
Read the following article:

Customize tab is missing in Folder Properties
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/customizetab.htm
> Yes, I did get the "succeeded" message after running the regsvr32 /i
> shimgvw.dll
> What exactly is that function for?

That command forces Windows to reinstall
shimgvw.dll (Windows Picture and Fax Viewer)