Lost contacts Outlook 2007

Barry

      28th Nov 2008
I have VISTA Business and have been using Outlook 2007 for a number of
months. Suddenly, I lost my contacts folders and all the information in it.
I have been able to get the contacts folder back, but the folder is empty. I
know the information is somewhere in the computer because when I send email
and start typing in names choices from my address book come up. How do I
find all the names.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      28th Nov 2008
The autocompletion cache has nothing to do with your Contacts.
Outlook does not lose data. Users lose data. You must have some idea what
happened. What happened will determine whether you can retrieve them. If you
inadvertently deleted your Contacts, they would be in your Deleted Items
Folder. If you deleted them from there, they are gone and you would have to
restore them from your most recent backup.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have VISTA Business and have been using Outlook 2007 for a number of
> months. Suddenly, I lost my contacts folders and all the information in
> it.
> I have been able to get the contacts folder back, but the folder is empty.
> know the information is somewhere in the computer because when I send
> email
> and start typing in names choices from my address book come up. How do I
> find all the names.

Stacey Widener

      30th Aug 2010
My 68 yr. old mother is having a similar problem. She's using Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 is the OS.

She's been using OL 2007 for about 8 months. Yesterday she clicked on the Contacts folder in Outlook 2007 and discovered that none of her contacts are showing on the little business card looking things there. When she starts a new email and clicks To:, her contacts ARE there and if she just starts typing in a name, it will still prefill with an address. But nothing shows when she clicks the actual Contacts folder.

She looked in Deleted Items to see if she accidentally deleted them, as that has happened in the past, but they are not there. How do we get everyone back into the Contacts folder? She did say that she found a folder from her desktop that was labeled with her name that contained a folder called Contacts that has everyone there but she/we just can't figure out how to get them from that file back into the Contacts folder in Outlook. I don't use Outlook, so I am not being much help to her. I don't know if she's just accidentally hidden them (if that's even possible) or if there's something in Tools or another taskbar that will restore them.

Again, the addresses ARE there if she clicks on To: when sending a a new email but NOT showing wen she clicks the Contacts folder. She wasn't tying to do anything specific, wasn't transferring info from one computer to another or anything like that. she just simply had gotten online and clicked the Contacts folder to edit an email address and wen she clicked the Contacts folder it was empty.