Long Winded Records Count

=?Utf-8?B?R2lubw==?=

      9th Nov 2007
This has been bothering me since Access 95, but someone might be able to
explain to me how to get the record count without unneccessary steps.

Every form in which the "navigation buttons" property is set to yes,
displays the total number of records as well as the current record number.
Why is it that then such counts are not available with a simple
"me.recordcount" -for instance- and one has to go through the long winded
procedure of:

-creating a recordset clone,
-movefirst,
-movelast, and then finally extract the
-record count.

or, in alternative, one has to create a query just to count the number of
records which is already displayed in the actual form navigation area?

Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?RGFsZSBGeWU=?=

      9th Nov 2007
Gino,

You should be able to use:

Me.recordsetclone.recordcount.

--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Gino" wrote:

> This has been bothering me since Access 95, but someone might be able to
> explain to me how to get the record count without unneccessary steps.
>
> Every form in which the "navigation buttons" property is set to yes,
> displays the total number of records as well as the current record number.
> Why is it that then such counts are not available with a simple
> "me.recordcount" -for instance- and one has to go through the long winded
> procedure of:
>
> -creating a recordset clone,
> -movefirst,
> -movelast, and then finally extract the
> -record count.
>
> or, in alternative, one has to create a query just to count the number of
> records which is already displayed in the actual form navigation area?
>
> Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?R2lubw==?=

      9th Nov 2007
Thank you Dale. It works and it is simple as it should be.