How long does it take to recall a messages?

=?Utf-8?B?TmV3ZWRkeQ==?=

      1st Apr 2005
I know if the e-mail has been read it will fail. What about it a user is not
logged in to Outlook when I send the message. Sometime it takes minutes,
other times hours, other times days. Does it matter if it is sent to a group
or just one person. Any assistance on how this works would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      3rd Apr 2005
Neweddy wrote:
> I know if the e-mail has been read it will fail. What about it a user
> is not logged in to Outlook when I send the message. Sometime it
> takes minutes, other times hours, other times days. Does it matter
> if it is sent to a group or just one person. Any assistance on how
> this works would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Message Recall is available only if you are using Exchange Server & the
recipients are in your same organization - and even then, it requires such a
strict list of circumstances to work at all, it rarely works. I discourage
it. Be careful before you hit 'send' - that's all I can tell you.

~D~

      17th Apr 2005
Now with the use of Blackberries recalling messages from Outlook is a waste
of time.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Neweddy wrote:
> > I know if the e-mail has been read it will fail. What about it a user
> > is not logged in to Outlook when I send the message. Sometime it
> > takes minutes, other times hours, other times days. Does it matter
> > if it is sent to a group or just one person. Any assistance on how
> > this works would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.

> Message Recall is available only if you are using Exchange Server & the
> recipients are in your same organization - and even then, it requires such

> strict list of circumstances to work at all, it rarely works. I discourage
> it. Be careful before you hit 'send' - that's all I can tell you.

Ben M. Schorr - MVP

      17th Apr 2005
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:52:00 -1000, ~D~ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Now with the use of Blackberries recalling messages from Outlook is a
> waste
> of time.

It was largely a waste of time before Blackberries too.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP