Logitech Headset - PN B-0125A not working

Jason Coley

      2nd Mar 2007
Hi there,

Have a Logitech Headset, which worked in XP, didn't require divers, that now
doesn't work in Vista. Its a USB device, any ideas?

In the Device Manager it shows with a warning icon in the Sound,video and
game controllers section.

If I view the Properties in the Device Manager I see

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
to see if there is a solution available.

Regards
Jason

BigJim

      2nd Mar 2007
this is just a guess but xp may have it's own drivers for running a usb
headset.
check Logitech for drivers for vista.
"Jason Coley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uo%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> Have a Logitech Headset, which worked in XP, didn't require divers, that
> now doesn't work in Vista. Its a USB device, any ideas?
>
> In the Device Manager it shows with a warning icon in the Sound,video and
> game controllers section.
>
> If I view the Properties in the Device Manager I see
>
> This device cannot start. (Code 10)
>
> Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft
> and to see if there is a solution available.
>
> Regards
> Jason

BigJim

      2nd Mar 2007
I forgot to ask but what sound device is installed on the board, it could be
a problem with those drivers.

"Jason Coley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uo%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> Have a Logitech Headset, which worked in XP, didn't require divers, that
> now doesn't work in Vista. Its a USB device, any ideas?
>
> In the Device Manager it shows with a warning icon in the Sound,video and
> game controllers section.
>
> If I view the Properties in the Device Manager I see
>
> This device cannot start. (Code 10)
>
> Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft
> and to see if there is a solution available.
>
> Regards
> Jason

Lefteris Kalamaras

      5th Mar 2007
How to fix the logitech driver problem:

1) Copy the USBAUDIO.sys file from a Windows XP machine
2) on the Vista machine, click start, type "cmd" in the search box and press Ctrl, Shift & Enter so you get a "root" CMD-vindow
3) type "cd drivers", press enter
4) type "takeown /f USBAUDIO.sys", press enter
5) type "cacls USBAUDIO.sys /G "Your Username":f", press enter, and Y when asked. (Note the " around username)
5) type "del USBAUDIO.sys", press enter
6) copy the USBAUDIO.sys file to your Windows/System32/drivers/ catalouge
7) type "cd C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdma_usb.inf_9ce240de", press enter
8) type "takeown /f USBAUDIO.sys", press enter
9) type "cacls USBAUDIO.sys /G "Your Username":f", press enter, and Y when asked. (Note the " around username)
10) type "del USBAUDIO.sys", press enter
11) Now, also copy the XP version of USBAUDIO.sys to the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdma_usb.inf_9ce240de folder"
12) Connect the headset, it "should" work

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

=?Utf-8?B?TW91c3RhZmE=?=

      5th May 2007
Well I have the same headset which not working on my new Lenovo notebook ,,
with Windows vista home basic ......
waiting for fix.....
grr.