Locked(?) or disabled(?) unable to enter data.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

      14th Jul 2007
I am not a pro...hoping you can provide help.

My client entry form has a jobs subform and jobs has a details subform. All
are set to data entry either by property or code.

As I enter data, if I do so in order of parent, sub1, and sub2 I get no
surprises. However, when I want to return to either the parent or sub1 to
change an entry or make one that was missed, the control (on only parent or
sub1) are locked. At least I think locked, they appear to be enabled - no
change in appearance.

Can anyone point to where I could look for resolution?

--
Thanks for your help,
Chris

ruralguy via AccessMonster.com

      14th Jul 2007
If it helps you, when you move from MainForm to SubForm or SubForm to SubForm,
the form you are leaving has the current record saved. Since you said you
have DataEntry turned on and that only allows viewing of new, unsaved records,
that is where I would begin looking for the problem.

Chris wrote:
>I am not a pro...hoping you can provide help.
>
>My client entry form has a jobs subform and jobs has a details subform. All
>are set to data entry either by property or code.
>
>As I enter data, if I do so in order of parent, sub1, and sub2 I get no
>surprises. However, when I want to return to either the parent or sub1 to
>change an entry or make one that was missed, the control (on only parent or
>sub1) are locked. At least I think locked, they appear to be enabled - no
>change in appearance.
>
>Can anyone point to where I could look for resolution?

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

      15th Jul 2007
Thanks for the reply RG.

I think I should have stated:

Parent has several subforms on tabs.
One of the parent's subforms has several subforms (no tabs).

I can make entry on parent and any subform1 and return to parent OK>
I can make entry on any subform1 then any other subform1 or parent and
return to either OK.

What I cannot do is return anywhere other than subform2 after making entry
on subform2.

I suspect my problem is property or code for subform2, but can't see it.

What do you think now?
--
Thanks for your help,
Chris

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> If it helps you, when you move from MainForm to SubForm or SubForm to SubForm,
> the form you are leaving has the current record saved. Since you said you
> have DataEntry turned on and that only allows viewing of new, unsaved records,
> that is where I would begin looking for the problem.
>
> Chris wrote:
> >I am not a pro...hoping you can provide help.
> >
> >My client entry form has a jobs subform and jobs has a details subform. All
> >are set to data entry either by property or code.
> >
> >As I enter data, if I do so in order of parent, sub1, and sub2 I get no
> >surprises. However, when I want to return to either the parent or sub1 to
> >change an entry or make one that was missed, the control (on only parent or
> >sub1) are locked. At least I think locked, they appear to be enabled - no
> >change in appearance.
> >
> >Can anyone point to where I could look for resolution?
> >

> --
> HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy via AccessMonster.com

      15th Jul 2007
I take it subform2 is a SubForm of subform1? What are you using for the
LinkChild/MasterFields for these forms?

Chris wrote:
>Thanks for the reply RG.
>
>I think I should have stated:
>
>Parent has several subforms on tabs.
>One of the parent's subforms has several subforms (no tabs).
>
>I can make entry on parent and any subform1 and return to parent OK>
>I can make entry on any subform1 then any other subform1 or parent and
>return to either OK.
>
>What I cannot do is return anywhere other than subform2 after making entry
>on subform2.
>
>I suspect my problem is property or code for subform2, but can't see it.
>
>What do you think now?
>> If it helps you, when you move from MainForm to SubForm or SubForm to SubForm,
>> the form you are leaving has the current record saved. Since you said you

>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
>> >
>> >Can anyone point to where I could look for resolution?

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

      15th Jul 2007
You are correct, sir.

Client-subform1 (each subform1 uses ClientID the key field)
Subform1-Subform2 (each Subform2 uses InvNum the key field.

Recall that only one of several Subforms1 has subforms2.
On that single subform1, InvNum is a control.

--
Thanks for your help,
Chris

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I take it subform2 is a SubForm of subform1? What are you using for the
> LinkChild/MasterFields for these forms?
>
> Chris wrote:
> >Thanks for the reply RG.
> >
> >I think I should have stated:
> >
> >Parent has several subforms on tabs.
> >One of the parent's subforms has several subforms (no tabs).
> >
> >I can make entry on parent and any subform1 and return to parent OK>
> >I can make entry on any subform1 then any other subform1 or parent and
> >return to either OK.
> >
> >What I cannot do is return anywhere other than subform2 after making entry
> >on subform2.
> >
> >I suspect my problem is property or code for subform2, but can't see it.
> >
> >What do you think now?
> >> If it helps you, when you move from MainForm to SubForm or SubForm to SubForm,
> >> the form you are leaving has the current record saved. Since you said you

> >[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

> --
> HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy via AccessMonster.com

      15th Jul 2007
I would open a code window and go to Tools>Options...>General tab and set
your system to "Break on All Errors" and then run your system. See if there
is an error being thrown that is covered up some how.

Chris wrote:
>You are correct, sir.
>
>Client-subform1 (each subform1 uses ClientID the key field)
>Subform1-Subform2 (each Subform2 uses InvNum the key field.
>
>Recall that only one of several Subforms1 has subforms2.
>On that single subform1, InvNum is a control.
>
> --
>Thanks for your help,
>Chris
>
>> I take it subform2 is a SubForm of subform1? What are you using for the
>> LinkChild/MasterFields for these forms?

>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

--
HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

      15th Jul 2007
Thanks...I found the problem. I had a subform set to record lock. Duh! I
guess I shoulda looked there first.

Anyway, thanks -- you did point the way for me.
--
Thanks for your help,
Chris

"ruralguy via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I would open a code window and go to Tools>Options...>General tab and set
> your system to "Break on All Errors" and then run your system. See if there
> is an error being thrown that is covered up some how.
>
> Chris wrote:
> >You are correct, sir.
> >
> >Client-subform1 (each subform1 uses ClientID the key field)
> >Subform1-Subform2 (each Subform2 uses InvNum the key field.
> >
> >Recall that only one of several Subforms1 has subforms2.
> >On that single subform1, InvNum is a control.
> >
> > --
> >Thanks for your help,
> >Chris
> >
> >> I take it subform2 is a SubForm of subform1? What are you using for the
> >> LinkChild/MasterFields for these forms?

> >[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

> --
> HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro
> Please post back to this forum so all may benefit.

ruralguy via AccessMonster.com

      15th Jul 2007
Glad to hear you got it sorted.