localized exception messages

leibnizster

      20th Feb 2007
hello,

how do I set ADO.NET exceptions to be thrown in a particular language?
I downloaded the dutch language pack, set current culture etc.
Everything works OK for regular System exceptions (ex. Divide by zero
=> it shows "Poging door nul te delen."). But the exception related to
ADO are still in english (ex. "Could not find stored procedure
'whatever' ".)

Thanks.

Alexey Smirnov

      20th Feb 2007
On Feb 20, 1:41 pm, "leibnizster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hello,
>
> how do I set ADO.NET exceptions to be thrown in a particular language?
> I downloaded the dutch language pack, set current culture etc.
> Everything works OK for regular System exceptions (ex. Divide by zero
> => it shows "Poging door nul te delen."). But the exception related to
> ADO are still in english (ex. "Could not find stored procedure
> 'whatever' ".)
>
> Thanks.

ADO.NET requires MDAC 2.6 or later, I think you need to download MDAC
in Dutch
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-185d0506396c

leibnizster

      20th Feb 2007
> ADO.NET requires MDAC 2.6 or later, I think you need to download MDAC
> in Dutchhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&Family...

Tried to install. Says this: "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this
version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.
". Other ideas?

Thanks

Alexey Smirnov

      20th Feb 2007
On Feb 20, 3:16 pm, "leibnizster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > ADO.NET requires MDAC 2.6 or later, I think you need to download MDAC
> > in Dutchhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&Family...

> Tried to install. Says this: "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this
> version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.
> ". Other ideas?
>
> Thanks

it seems that you have XP SP2

Found this in the internet

locate the mdac.inf file in c:\windows\inf right click and install
when prompted for a location, point to
c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 then when promtpet for the XPcd,
either load the cd or point to c:\i386

leibnizster

      21st Feb 2007
On Feb 20, 5:53 pm, "Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 3:16 pm, "leibnizster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > > ADO.NET requires MDAC 2.6 or later, I think you need to download MDAC
> > > in Dutchhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&Family...

> > Tried to install. Says this: "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this
> > version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.
> > ". Other ideas?

> > Thanks

> it seems that you have XP SP2
>
> Found this in the internet
>
> locate the mdac.inf file in c:\windows\inf right click and install
> when prompted for a location, point to
> c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 then when promtpet for the XPcd,
> either load the cd or point to c:\i386

it installed it, but the messages are still in english. How could it
have worked anyway sice what I need is managed exceptions from .NET
and what i installed has nothing to do with .NET?. Shouldn't it be in
some .NET language pack? Why isn't it in the standard one? Thanks for
your trouble.

oscar.acostamontesde@googlemail.com

      22nd Feb 2007
On Feb 21, 2:31 pm, "leibnizster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Tried to install. Says this: "MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with this
> > > version of Windows. All of its features are currently part of Windows.
> > > ". Other ideas?

> > > Thanks

> > it seems that you have XP SP2

> > Found this in the internet

> > locate the mdac.inf file in c:\windows\inf right click and install
> > when prompted for a location, point to
> > c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386 then when promtpet for the XPcd,
> > either load the cd or point to c:\i386

> it installed it, but the messages are still in english. How could it
> have worked anyway sice what I need is managed exceptions from .NET
> and what i installed has nothing to do with .NET?. Shouldn't it be in
> some .NET language pack? Why isn't it in the standard one? Thanks for
> your trouble.

There is a language pack for spanish, i have it installed and my
messages shows in spanish, search for language pack at msdn

best regards