localhost vs. MyComputer

Vik

      21st May 2009
I need a gridview without the borders but with the gridlines.
I set BorderStyle = None and GridLines = Both.
If I run a project from VS2005 or enter an address in a browser
//localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx then the grid appears WITHOUT the borders
and WITH the gridlines.
If I open the same page by an address //MyCompName/MyProject/MyPage.aspx,
then the grid appears WITH the borders and with the gridlines.
If I set BorderWidth = 0px, then //localhost/... shows the grid WITHOUT the
borders and WITH the gridlines and //MyCompName/... shows the grid WITHOUT
the borders and WITHOUT the gridlines.

When a page is placed on a server, it appears the same way as at
//MyCompName/...

Why does the same page appear in different ways? How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Victor

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

      21st May 2009
Without seeing the code and understanding your computer's set up, I have no
clue.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

| Think outside the box!

"Vik" <viktorum@==hotmail.com==> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need a gridview without the borders but with the gridlines.
> I set BorderStyle = None and GridLines = Both.
> If I run a project from VS2005 or enter an address in a browser
> //localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx then the grid appears WITHOUT the
> borders and WITH the gridlines.
> If I open the same page by an address //MyCompName/MyProject/MyPage.aspx,
> then the grid appears WITH the borders and with the gridlines.
> If I set BorderWidth = 0px, then //localhost/... shows the grid WITHOUT
> the borders and WITH the gridlines and //MyCompName/... shows the grid
> WITHOUT the borders and WITHOUT the gridlines.
>
> When a page is placed on a server, it appears the same way as at
> //MyCompName/...
>
> Why does the same page appear in different ways? How can I fix it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Victor

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

      21st May 2009
Without seeing the code and understanding your computer's set up, I have no
clue.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

| Think outside the box!

"Vik" <viktorum@==hotmail.com==> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need a gridview without the borders but with the gridlines.
> I set BorderStyle = None and GridLines = Both.
> If I run a project from VS2005 or enter an address in a browser
> //localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx then the grid appears WITHOUT the
> borders and WITH the gridlines.
> If I open the same page by an address //MyCompName/MyProject/MyPage.aspx,
> then the grid appears WITH the borders and with the gridlines.
> If I set BorderWidth = 0px, then //localhost/... shows the grid WITHOUT
> the borders and WITH the gridlines and //MyCompName/... shows the grid
> WITHOUT the borders and WITHOUT the gridlines.
>
> When a page is placed on a server, it appears the same way as at
> //MyCompName/...
>
> Why does the same page appear in different ways? How can I fix it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Victor

Vik

      21st May 2009
Here is the source code:

<head>
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form method="post" action="TableBorder.aspx" id="form1">
id="GridView1"
style="border-style:None; border-collapse:collapse;">
</form>
http://localhost/Incidents/TableBorder.aspx- the table appears without the
borders and with the rules. I need to get this on the server.

http://MyComp/Incidents/TableBorder.aspx - the table appears with the
borders and with the rules. The same on the server.

The same behaivior if I change the file name to *.htm.

I have Windows XP, IIS 5.1. The server has Windows 2003.

Thanks.

Victor

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

> "Vik" <viktorum@==hotmail.com==> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I need a gridview without the borders but with the gridlines.
>> I set BorderStyle = None and GridLines = Both.
>> If I run a project from VS2005 or enter an address in a browser
>> //localhost/MyProject/MyPage.aspx then the grid appears WITHOUT the
>> borders and WITH the gridlines.
>> If I open the same page by an address //MyCompName/MyProject/MyPage.aspx,
>> then the grid appears WITH the borders and with the gridlines.
>> If I set BorderWidth = 0px, then //localhost/... shows the grid WITHOUT
>> the borders and WITH the gridlines and //MyCompName/... shows the grid
>> WITHOUT the borders and WITHOUT the gridlines.
>>
>> When a page is placed on a server, it appears the same way as at
>> //MyCompName/...
>>
>> Why does the same page appear in different ways? How can I fix it?

Mark

      17th Jun 2009
If you're using Internet Explorer 8, make sure that you do not have
Compatability View switched on when viewing the page via MyCompName.

Cheers,
Mark.