Local GP v's Domain CG

Gunna

      26th Aug 2006
I have a XP machine that has its default local policy set after being built.
I have added this to a domain which I use group policies to sewt various
options etc. How do these 2 react when the settings on the local policy and
the matching setting on the domain gp conflict? Which get priority or is
there a way I can set this?

=?Utf-8?B?bGZvcmJlcw==?=

      27th Aug 2006
Hi,

In a Domain Environment everything is set at the Domain Level. Therefore
local policies are overwritten by Domain ones. Personally I would leave the
local policy completely as its default and use Group Policies.

Cheers,
Lara

"Gunna" wrote:

> I have a XP machine that has its default local policy set after being built.
> I have added this to a domain which I use group policies to sewt various
> options etc. How do these 2 react when the settings on the local policy and
> the matching setting on the domain gp conflict? Which get priority or is
> there a way I can set this?

Richard Oltmann

      28th Aug 2006
in a domain environment gp are set in this order
local
site
domain
OU
if there are no conflicts all apply. if there are conflicts the last one
wins. This is the default senario and can be changed with the enforced
option on the group policies

Richard
news:(E-Mail Removed)...