Local connectivity versus 'local plus internet connectivity

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0Sg==?=

      30th Sep 2007
Why is it that my computer on provides "local connectivity" at times. What
does "local connectivity" mean?

How can I avoid this problem. I go to a 'hotspot' expecting to have
'internet connectivity' and I cannot get on the net. I have a strong signal
but the connection icon tells me I only have 'local connectivity'. This is
very frustrating and there appears to be no way to get internet connectivity.

Robert L \(MS-MVP\)

      30th Sep 2007
It could be incompatible or security reasons, you can access LAN only. These
posts may help.

Vista - Local Connection OnlyI have two XP boxes connected to the internet
but when I try to connect my Vista Laptop machine via LAN I get unrecognized
network and local connection only ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...b397143d39c4e7

chicagotech.net :: View topic - Vista: Wireless local only
The reality is that as long as you can connect to the router (i.e.
local only connection) then the manual assignment of the IP info should get
you ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...opic.php?t=530

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE