Local Area Network Connection disconnected repeatedly at 2-3 minutes interval

=?Utf-8?B?RGVyZWs=?=

      29th May 2004
Hello all

Problem: My local area network connection disconnected repeatedly while I am connected to my office network. My colleague connection to the network is working perfectly but mine disconnect every 2 to 3 minutes. My connection to the network was working fine for the last 5 months and this problem occurred last few days. I am currently using '3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)' on Windows XP. I am currently on Service Pack 1a. I appreciate if somebody can give some advise to counter the problem
Thank you so much

Steve Winograd [MVP]

      30th May 2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Derek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Problem: My local area network connection disconnected repeatedly while I am connected to my office network. My colleague connection to the network is working perfectly but mine disconnect every 2 to 3 minutes. My connection to the network was working fine for the last 5 months and this problem occurred last few days. I am currently using '3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)' on Windows XP. I am currently on Service Pack 1a. I appreciate if somebody can give some advise to counter the problem.
>Thank you so much

Try the solution shown here, even though you have a different network
card:

MSBBN: "A Network Cable Has Been Unplugged" Message Appears at
Seemingly Random Intervals
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;811595

If that doesn't solve it, check the network cable, hub/switch port,
etc.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

Eduardo Pietri

      30th May 2004
I have a similar problem. First my 'host' PC did not see any of the
connected PC's. After I unchecked the Power Management option the network
came back up for only for a few minutes, then down again. It comes on and
off sporadically.

I am using HPNA 2.0 with my house telephones wires. Thinking that the wire
connections may be bad in some spots, I connected 2 computers together with
a single telephone cord directly. The problem was still there.

I had tried to use a wireless network but it did work in my house. The
signal did not reach beyond 10 feet!! That's why I am still playing with
HPNA.

Any ideas?

Eduardo

news:(E-Mail Removed)...