Local Administrator on windows 2000 professional

Barb

      26th Feb 2004
In the past, when I installed software on a windows 2000
professional workstation (workstation has novell client),
I sign on as administrator "workstation only". Some of the
installation programs are on a netware server. I connect
to the netware server (using a netware signon with admin
rights) after logging into the workstation.

Recently, a user called administrator was added to the
netware server. It was given the same password as the
administrator on the windows 2000 professional
workstation. The user administrator signs on to the
workstation with "workstation only is unchecked". The
passwords are synced.

My question is: Will the apps still be installed under the
local admin?

Stephen Carter

      28th Feb 2004
Barb wrote:

> In the past, when I installed software on a windows 2000
> professional workstation (workstation has novell client),
> I sign on as administrator "workstation only". Some of the
> installation programs are on a netware server. I connect
> to the netware server (using a netware signon with admin
> rights) after logging into the workstation.
>
> Recently, a user called administrator was added to the
> netware server. It was given the same password as the
> administrator on the windows 2000 professional
> workstation. The user administrator signs on to the
> workstation with "workstation only is unchecked". The
> passwords are synced.
>
> My question is: Will the apps still be installed under the
> local admin?

Windows applications are always installed under the logged in Windows
user, unless elevated priviliages are used in which case it can be
installed as another Windows user (right-click executable RunAs),
regardless of what account you use to log into eDirectory.

SteveC

Keith V. Klenke

      28th Feb 2004
use DLU.............stop making things more difficult for yourself!

--
Thanks,
Keith V. Klenke

news:262a01c3fc85$18559e20$(E-Mail Removed)...