Local admin account locking out my domain account?

Eric Goforth

      21st Sep 2009
Hello,

I have a local account that I created to run some services under
(mostly SQL Server 2005) on my development box.

I believe that I've mistyped the password for this account someplace
and it. My domain account seems to be getting locked out
intermittently. Does this sound possible that my domain account could
be getting locked out as a result of this local account?

-Eric

Shenan Stanley

      21st Sep 2009
Eric Goforth wrote:
> I have a local account that I created to run some services under
> (mostly SQL Server 2005) on my development box.
>
> I believe that I've mistyped the password for this account someplace
> and it. My domain account seems to be getting locked out
> intermittently. Does this sound possible that my domain account
> could be getting locked out as a result of this local account?

If your domain account is getting locked out, then somehting is attempting
to authenticate using your domain account. You will have to go through
everything you use that has that account password saved and make sure it is
correct.

If you are the domain admin, you can run a few things to see what system is
trying to authenticate using that account.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      22nd Sep 2009

Eric Goforth <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a local account that I created to run some services under
> (mostly SQL Server 2005) on my development box.
>
> I believe that I've mistyped the password for this account someplace
> and it. My domain account seems to be getting locked out
> intermittently. Does this sound possible that my domain account could
> be getting locked out as a result of this local account?
>
> -Eric

For the local account, you didn't use the same username, did you?
If you did, change it to something else now.