Local account locked out

sidd.sharma@gmail.com

      14th May 2005
Hi,
I have only 2 accounts on my XP desktop i.e. 'administrators' and
'sid'. I use 'sid' only and I have forgotten the 'administrators'
password. My problem is last night I accidentally set the 'Deny logon
locally' to yes for 'sid'. Ever since I cannot log on to my desktop.
I have an XP laptop thru which I can view my desktop's file system
(using the 'sid' account). In other words, the account 'sid' is active
and valid, and can access the desktop remotely but cannot logon locally
in interactive mode.
Question is how do I access the desktop's local security policy to
reset the 'deny logon locally' right for the 'sid' account.
Thanks mucho in advance
Sid

Kurt

      17th May 2005
Download an offline password recovery tool. Just google for it. You can burn
a CD and reset the password for the administrator account (Always make the
administrator password something you can remember), the log on and fix the
policy settings for the sid account.

....kurt
news:(E-Mail Removed)...