JRC

      29th May 2004
How do I force loading of the local profile when a user logs into a domain?
I have a bunch of laptops that are used on and off the network, but I don't
want anything to change on their desktops or apps both on and off the
domain.

Bruce Chambers

      29th May 2004
Greetings --

Set the registry to allow logins via cached credentials. Set the
CachedLogonCount to something other than zero.

Cached Logon Information
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q172931

Bruce Chambers
having both at once. -- RAH

"JRC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I force loading of the local profile when a user logs into a

domain?
> I have a bunch of laptops that are used on and off the network, but

I don't
> want anything to change on their desktops or apps both on and off

the
> domain.

JRC

      30th May 2004
This would seem to me to be a brute force method of doing this. I've been
told this can be done through policies or something on the domain
controller.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...