ListBox loses selection with focus

richie

      21st Oct 2003
Is there an easy way to persist the selection of a ListBox after it loses its focus?

Regards rich

Joe White

      21st Oct 2003
Huh? It *does* persist. ListBox doesn't even hide the selection when it
loses focus (not by default, anyway).

"richie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an easy way to persist the selection of a ListBox after it loses

its focus?

> Regards rich

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

      21st Oct 2003
* (E-Mail Removed) (richie) scripsit:
> Is there an easy way to persist the selection of a ListBox after it loses its focus?

If you are talking about the List_View_ control: The selection persists,
but you may want to set its 'HideSelection' property to 'False'.

--
Herfried K. Wagner
MVP VB Classic, VB.NET

richie

      22nd Oct 2003
lol... well these things just sort of happen when application grow bigger I guess!!

I'll have to check a simple example and work on it from there.

rich.

"Joe White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Huh? It *does* persist. ListBox doesn't even hide the selection when it
> loses focus (not by default, anyway).
>

> "richie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is there an easy way to persist the selection of a ListBox after it loses

> its focus?
> >
> > Regards rich

AlexS

      23rd Oct 2003
Check HideSelection property.

HTH
Alex

"richie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> lol... well these things just sort of happen when application grow bigger

I guess!!

> I'll have to check a simple example and work on it from there.
>
> rich.
>
> "Joe White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Huh? It *does* persist. ListBox doesn't even hide the selection when

it
> > loses focus (not by default, anyway).
> >

> > "richie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Is there an easy way to persist the selection of a ListBox after it

loses
> > its focus?
> > >
> > > Regards rich

Joe White

      23rd Oct 2003
ListBox doesn't have a HideSelection property.

AlexS wrote:
> Check HideSelection property.
>
> HTH
> Alex
>
> "richie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>lol... well these things just sort of happen when application grow bigger

> I guess!!
>
>>I'll have to check a simple example and work on it from there.
>>
>>rich.
>>
>>"Joe White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
>>>Huh? It *does* persist. ListBox doesn't even hide the selection when

> it
>
>>>loses focus (not by default, anyway).
>>>

>>>"richie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> loses
>
>>> its focus?

AlexS

      24th Oct 2003
Sorry, my fault! Somehow my listboxes are now mostly ListViews.