List of registry settings or ....

wjr

      5th Jun 2008
Need to find a way to do something. Perhaps a tool or utility. I want
to be able to save all the current registry settings. Then make a
change to a setting in an application such as MS word 2007. Now save
the new registry to a second file. Finally compare the two saved files
to find what settings have been changed.

As an example setting:
MS Word 2007->
Trust Center->
Macro Setting->
Enable/Disable Trust access to the VBA project object model

I appreciate any help on this.

John John (MVP)

      5th Jun 2008
Regshot will do this for you: https://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/

John

wjr wrote:
> Need to find a way to do something. Perhaps a tool or utility. I want
> to be able to save all the current registry settings. Then make a
> change to a setting in an application such as MS word 2007. Now save
> the new registry to a second file. Finally compare the two saved files
> to find what settings have been changed.
>
> As an example setting:
> MS Word 2007->
> Trust Center->
> Macro Setting->
> Enable/Disable Trust access to the VBA project object model
>
> I appreciate any help on this.

wjr

      6th Jun 2008
Thanks!

John John (MVP) wrote:
> Regshot will do this for you: https://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/
>
> John
>
> wjr wrote:
>
>> Need to find a way to do something. Perhaps a tool or utility. I
>> want to be able to save all the current registry settings. Then make
>> a change to a setting in an application such as MS word 2007. Now
>> save the new registry to a second file. Finally compare the two saved
>> files to find what settings have been changed.
>>
>> As an example setting:
>> MS Word 2007->
>> Trust Center->
>> Macro Setting->
>> Enable/Disable Trust access to the VBA project object model
>>
>> I appreciate any help on this.

John John (MVP)

      6th Jun 2008
You're welcome.