List of Games that work on Windows Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaHVh?=

      16th Jun 2006
I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

Paul Smith

      16th Jun 2006
"Joshua" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
> Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

I have.

Zoo Tycoon 2*
Half-Life 2*
Civilization 4*
Battlefield 2
Rise of Legends
Quake III Arena***
Unreal Tournament 2003***
Oblivion
Morrowind
Black and White 2
Warcraft 3**
World of Warcraft
Halo
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigher
Sim City 4*
Guild Wars
Call of Duty 2
FEAR

*Problems, on my setup I had to run them into a window first to prevent them
from crashing, I'm assuming a video driver bug not letting them pick up
resolution details. Others have mentioned lowering the desktop resolution
to the same as their default start-up resolution resolves it too.

**Works fine with retail version, but latest patch breaks sound.

***Mouse acceleration seems to be turned on.

That's the list so far. 8-)

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Nathan M. Jones

      16th Jun 2006
Add Final Fantasy XI. I confirmed an earlier post about installing it in
Vista. Works great ^_^
"Joshua" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
> Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

=?Utf-8?B?ZGZlaWZlcg==?=

      16th Jun 2006
You can also include everquest 2 to that as well..

Everquest2 addict...

"Joshua" wrote:

> I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
> Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

Justin Payne

      16th Jun 2006
Just moved Diablo II: LOD Expansion over; works better than on XP

Justin

"Joshua" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
> Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

Jane C

      16th Jun 2006
Add Command & Conquer Generals and Zero Hour to the working list. (Vista
32bit, yet to try on Vista x64)

--
Jane, not plain 64bit enabled
"Paul Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Joshua" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
>> Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

> I have.
>
> Zoo Tycoon 2*
> Half-Life 2*
> Civilization 4*
> Battlefield 2
> Rise of Legends
> Quake III Arena***
> Unreal Tournament 2003***
> Oblivion
> Morrowind
> Black and White 2
> Warcraft 3**
> World of Warcraft
> Halo
> Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigher
> Sim City 4*
> Guild Wars
> Call of Duty 2
> FEAR
>
> *Problems, on my setup I had to run them into a window first to prevent
> them from crashing, I'm assuming a video driver bug not letting them pick
> up resolution details. Others have mentioned lowering the desktop
> resolution to the same as their default start-up resolution resolves it
> too.
>
> **Works fine with retail version, but latest patch breaks sound.
>
> ***Mouse acceleration seems to be turned on.
>
> That's the list so far. 8-)
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

      17th Jun 2006
Starwars Galaxies works in Vista also.

"Joshua" wrote:

> I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
> Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

Steve Lange

      17th Jun 2006
Starcraft is running good but patches need to be run as administrator
otherwise you'll get an error.

"Paul Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Joshua" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
>> Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

> I have.
>
> Zoo Tycoon 2*
> Half-Life 2*
> Civilization 4*
> Battlefield 2
> Rise of Legends
> Quake III Arena***
> Unreal Tournament 2003***
> Oblivion
> Morrowind
> Black and White 2
> Warcraft 3**
> World of Warcraft
> Halo
> Ghost Recon Advanced Warfigher
> Sim City 4*
> Guild Wars
> Call of Duty 2
> FEAR
>
> *Problems, on my setup I had to run them into a window first to prevent
> them from crashing, I'm assuming a video driver bug not letting them pick
> up resolution details. Others have mentioned lowering the desktop
> resolution to the same as their default start-up resolution resolves it
> too.
>
> **Works fine with retail version, but latest patch breaks sound.
>
> ***Mouse acceleration seems to be turned on.
>
> That's the list so far. 8-)
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

=?Utf-8?B?SmFyaGVhZA==?=

      17th Jun 2006
C&C Renegade also works fine.
--
Sleep easy tonight, the Marines are on duty

Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

"Joshua" wrote:

> I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on
> Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of us..

Peres

      18th Jun 2006
Call of Duty works fine