LinkMasterFields Property Error

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

      2nd Dec 2004
I never had this problem before; however, I have a main form and subform
linked together. When I type in data in the first field of the subform - I
get the following error...

"The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 'The object
doesn't contain the Automation object 'Tbl_Case."

Any assistance is appreciated to alleviate this problem/error.

--
Thanks,
Paul

Ken Snell [MVP]

      2nd Dec 2004
Open the form in design view. Click on the control that holds the subform,
then click on Properties icon on toolbar and then click on Data tab.

Post here what is in the LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties.

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

> I never had this problem before; however, I have a main form and subform
> linked together. When I type in data in the first field of the subform -

> get the following error...
>
> "The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 'The

object
> doesn't contain the Automation object 'Tbl_Case."
>
> Any assistance is appreciated to alleviate this problem/error.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Paul

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

      2nd Dec 2004
Link Child Fields: DCFLNum
Link Master Fields: Tbl_Case.DCFLNum

I hope this helps,

Paul

"Ken Snell [MVP]" wrote:

> Open the form in design view. Click on the control that holds the subform,
> then click on Properties icon on toolbar and then click on Data tab.
>
> Post here what is in the LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties.
>
> --
>
> Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I never had this problem before; however, I have a main form and subform
> > linked together. When I type in data in the first field of the subform -

> > get the following error...
> >
> > "The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 'The

> object
> > doesn't contain the Automation object 'Tbl_Case."
> >
> > Any assistance is appreciated to alleviate this problem/error.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Paul

Duane Hookom

      2nd Dec 2004
Try correct what the error suggests by removing the Tbl_case from the Link
Master. All you should need is the field name.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

> Link Child Fields: DCFLNum
> Link Master Fields: Tbl_Case.DCFLNum
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Paul
>

> "Ken Snell [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Open the form in design view. Click on the control that holds the
>> subform,
>> then click on Properties icon on toolbar and then click on Data tab.
>>
>> Post here what is in the LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ken Snell
>> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>>
>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I never had this problem before; however, I have a main form and
>> > subform
>> > linked together. When I type in data in the first field of the
>> > subform -

>> > get the following error...
>> >
>> > "The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 'The

>> object
>> > doesn't contain the Automation object 'Tbl_Case."
>> >
>> > Any assistance is appreciated to alleviate this problem/error.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> > Paul

Ken Snell [MVP]

      2nd Dec 2004
And if that doesn't work (because you have more than one field named DCFLNum
in the subform's recordsource query), put [ ] characters around the entire
name:

[Tbl_Case.DCFLNum]

--

Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Duane Hookom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:utA88%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try correct what the error suggests by removing the Tbl_case from the Link
> Master. All you should need is the field name.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> MS Access MVP

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Link Child Fields: DCFLNum
> > Link Master Fields: Tbl_Case.DCFLNum
> >
> > I hope this helps,
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > "Ken Snell [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Open the form in design view. Click on the control that holds the
> >> subform,
> >> then click on Properties icon on toolbar and then click on Data tab.
> >>
> >> Post here what is in the LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields

properties.

> >> --
> >>
> >> Ken Snell
> >> <MS ACCESS MVP>
> >>
> >> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> object

New Member

      1st Jul 2010
I had the same issue, and this solution took care of it. Thanks much!

New Member

      28th Oct 2011
Haha wow. This problem stumped me for hours till I googled it and came to this thread. I canot believe the solution was that simple haha. What I don't understand is when the table prefix was added, or when it became a problem, in the LinkMasterFields property. I know I never put it there and all logic says it shouldn't matter if it is there or not. Sorry I just like to know things like that. If anyone knows what makes this problem appear seemingly out of nowhere I would be grateful If you could post it

New Member

      25th Nov 2011
This error occurs when repetitive and careless renaming of the controls creates two or more subroutines with the same name:

Private Sub controlname_Click()
empty
End Sub

Private Sub controlname_Click()