linking form to record

John

      28th Apr 2005
I have 1 table: tbl_main
primary key is a field called JobNo

1 query: qry_main (this simply has all fields and just places the JobNo
field in ascending order).

I have 2 forms
frm_main
frm_bldInfo

I have created the main form where by the user simply presses a macro button
to open up the frm_bldInfo.
But when the frm_bldInfo opens, it does not open with the relevant
information for the record selected in the main form. The frm_bldInfo simply
shows the first record info in the database and not the relevant record
chosen initially in the main form.
Both the forms have their source as the qry_main.

Should I create a second table that has the bldinfo on its own then simply
create a query linking the two tables with the JobNo field ?
thanks for any help.

Joan Wild

      28th Apr 2005
John wrote:
> I have created the main form where by the user simply presses a macro
> button to open up the frm_bldInfo.

If you are using a macro, edit the macro Open Form action. In the lower
pane in the Where cell put
[JobNo]=[Forms]![frm_main]![JobNo]

If you were using event procedure you would modify the code to include the
where clause

DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_bldInfo", , , [JobNo]=" & Me![JobNo]

--
Joan Wild
Microsoft Access MVP