Linking Access 2007 to Sharepoit List other than the default view

Jorge Martins

      24th Sep 2009
Hi

I want to create a linked table in MS Access 2007 to a Sharepoint list.
I'm able to crate a link to the List.
The problem is that I'm only able to link to the view that is marked as the
"Default View" in Sharepoint.
How do I create a link to another view of that list other than the "Default
View"?
I haven't found any way in Access where I can see all the Views of the List
I want to link to.
Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

Albert D. Kallal

      26th Sep 2009
"Jorge Martins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I want to create a linked table in MS Access 2007 to a Sharepoint list.
> I'm able to crate a link to the List.
> The problem is that I'm only able to link to the view that is marked as
> the
> "Default View" in Sharepoint.
> How do I create a link to another view of that list other than the
> View"?
> I haven't found any way in Access where I can see all the Views of the
> List
> I want to link to.
> Can anyone help me on this?
>
> Thanks

I don't believe it possible to link to a view. However, you can link to the
list, and then simply create a query in ms-access that has the same columns
as the view.

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Jorge Martins

      28th Sep 2009
That wouldn't work Albert because the default view has a filter and I want
all the records from the list.

Anyway, I came out with a solution.

I created a Module on a single button form like this:

DoCmd.TransferSharePointList acLinkSharePointList, _
"http:// (sharepoint list link)", _
"{5737235C-0062-46B6-9FC7-A936CADA1676}", _
"{5D66A7B2-EA8B-448B-BF30-6E3F4C951E1C}", _
"DB_MEO_FIBRA_WC"

Pressed the button once and it worked 100%.