Link Table Error/Design Change Blocked

nw003

      28th Sep 2009
I have a field in my excel document that contains both numbers and numbers
and letters combined. When I link the database into Excel it errors out the
fields and the field appears blank. I attempt to change to a text field on
the table design but it will not allow me to modify. The field properties on
excel are text.

Jeff Boyce

      28th Sep 2009
One approach in this situation is to treat the Excel data source as "raw
data". If you create a table definition with the data types you want, then
import the data from Excel into your new table, you'll be starting with the
data type you want. The downside is that you are importing, not linking.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...