PC Review

PC Review (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/)
-   Windows XP Customization (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/windows-xp-customization-f170.html)
-   -   limiting user accessibility (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/limiting-user-accessibility-t3638190.html)

rocco 3rd Oct 2008 09:01 PM

limiting user accessibility

Hello,
I'm developing an application that will collectdata through a touchscreen
monitors.
Essentailly it's an application which administer questionnaires to subjects
in my private practice.
For privacy, the user will be alone while answering the questionnaire.
Even if I make the form to run in full screen mode and even if I make them
pop up and modal, the user has stil a chance of touching the "start" button
at the bottom of the window and by that way to go around and mess up the
computer by deleting anything he/she wants to.
I have managed to disable the keyboard but cannot immagine hot to drive the
user not to be able to act on the start menu. I can hide the taskbar, but I
was looking for some better solution.
Hoping to have well explained what I'm looking for, thanks in advance.

Rocco

TERRY 5th Oct 2008 03:14 AM

RE: limiting user accessibility

Hi R.I,m just putting this out there but.Can,t you right click on your
folders as admin sharing and security.Make them all private and when you let
the people do the test start up the pc with limited access and run the
program in limited.If they try to access any of the programs they will be
denied.Hence 2 user accounts.Just a thought.Might work.Then when you want
back in restart and have a password protected login.Just trying to help.TERRY.

"rocco" wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm developing an application that will collectdata through a touchscreen
> monitors.
> Essentailly it's an application which administer questionnaires to subjects
> in my private practice.
> For privacy, the user will be alone while answering the questionnaire.
> Even if I make the form to run in full screen mode and even if I make them
> pop up and modal, the user has stil a chance of touching the "start" button
> at the bottom of the window and by that way to go around and mess up the
> computer by deleting anything he/she wants to.
> I have managed to disable the keyboard but cannot immagine hot to drive the
> user not to be able to act on the start menu. I can hide the taskbar, but I
> was looking for some better solution.
> Hoping to have well explained what I'm looking for, thanks in advance.
>
> Rocco

rocco 5th Oct 2008 01:39 PM

RE: limiting user accessibility

Thanks for your hint.