limit on number of characters?

=?Utf-8?B?SnVkeSBXYXJk?=

      12th Feb 2007
I am using Excel 2003, SP2. I just exported the results of an Access query
to Excel and found that the data in one of the fields is being truncated
after 255 characters.

I can type more than 255 characters in a cell. Does anyone know how I can
export more than 255 characters into Excel?

Thank you,
Judy Ward

Dave Peterson

      12th Feb 2007
I don't speak the Access, but Debra Dalgleish once posted this:

Or, transfer the data with code. Use the TransferSpreadsheet method to
send the data, and specify one of the later Excel versions:

'======================
Sub SendTableToExcel()
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, _
acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblCustomers", _
"c:\Data\ExcelExport.xls", True
End Sub

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...cbe18fd9d6d82b

or