limit kids computer time each day

kevin queen

      18th Jul 2003
I want to limit my 4 kids time individually on the
computer each day on windows xp. Is there some kind of
timer on xp? Or some program I can get?

mike

      18th Jul 2003
heres extract from windows help:

Microsoft network server: Disconnect clients when logon
hours expireComputer Configuration\Windows
Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

Description
Determines whether to disconnect users who are connected
to the local computer outside their user account's valid
logon hours. This setting affects the Server Message
Block (SMB) component.

When this policy is enabled, it causes client sessions
with the SMB Service to be forcibly disconnected when the
client's logon hours expire.

If this policy is disabled, an established client session
is allowed to be maintained after the client's logon
hours have expired.

Default: Undefined.

For more information, see:

Set logon hours
Security Configuration Manager Tools
otherwise for user policy check:
Local computer policy snap-in in root console:
start menu/run/mmc
here file/add snapin/add/group policy

Shenan T. Stanley

      18th Jul 2003
kevin queen <> wrote:
> I want to limit my 4 kids time individually on the
> computer each day on windows xp. Is there some kind of
> timer on xp? Or some program I can get?

Not Exactly what you are looking for.. but may be of some value.
The program I used to recommend seems to have vanished.

Situation: You want to restrict the logon days / times of a user
account in XP and are a standalone machine.
Reason: You may wish to restrict teens who arrive home before adult
supervision from accessing your broadband always on connection, limit
employees to only work hours access etc..
Steps:
To Set restrictions:

1.. Click Start
2.. Click Run
3.. Type cmd in the run box and press enter.
4.. The following is a sample of what you would type:
net user testuser /times:M-F,5pm-9pm; Sa,6am-9pm;Su,6am-9pm

Where testuser is the local account name.

To Remove Restrictions:

1.. Click Start
2.. Click Run
3.. Type cmd in the run box and press enter.
4.. The following is a sample of what you would type:
net user testuser /times:all

Where testuser is the local account name.

--
Shenan Stanley
"Just trying to help"

How to Use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups
http://tinyurl.com/fkja

How do I go about posting an informative question?
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to use Google
http://www.google.com/help/basics.html
http://tinyurl.com/fkmc