Limit to Editing Multiple Pages in FrontPage 2003?

darkrats

      5th Mar 2010
I have a small website consisting of about 20 pages. Sometimes when I want
to make changes on everypage I'll start FP2003 and then start opening each
page with it's own tab. After changes are made, I just click on "Save All .
.. .". So, my question is, how many pages can I open (in their own tabs) in
FrontPage 2003? Is it just limited by the amount of RAM/Hard Drive Space, or
is there a built-in limited? Thanks?

Ronx

      5th Mar 2010
I've had 30 pages open at once without problems. As far as I know any limit
is hardware related.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

"darkrats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a small website consisting of about 20 pages. Sometimes when I want
> to make changes on everypage I'll start FP2003 and then start opening each
> page with it's own tab. After changes are made, I just click on "Save All
> . . .". So, my question is, how many pages can I open (in their own tabs)
> in FrontPage 2003? Is it just limited by the amount of RAM/Hard Drive
> Space, or is there a built-in limited? Thanks?

Stefan B Rusynko

      5th Mar 2010
Not even sure it is memory related
- but TIF space related
Since FP opens each page and creates a TIF
I've had over 150 pages open at once
- but the save all may take quite a while to execute

"Ronx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I've had 30 pages open at once without problems. As far as I know any limit
is hardware related.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"darkrats" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a small website consisting of about 20 pages. Sometimes when I want
> to make changes on everypage I'll start FP2003 and then start opening each
> page with it's own tab. After changes are made, I just click on "Save All
> . . .". So, my question is, how many pages can I open (in their own tabs)
> in FrontPage 2003? Is it just limited by the amount of RAM/Hard Drive
> Space, or is there a built-in limited? Thanks?

darkrats

      8th Mar 2010
Thanks for your answers. My site will probably have a total of 52 pages when
completed, so I'm thinking ahead as to how I can make identical changes to
each page without too much mouse and keyboard clicking.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...