PC Review

Libraries and circular references question

baldy.meade@gmail.com

20th Aug 2012
Hi all,

Quick question if I may...

I'm put a library together which contains some code to interact with the Active Directory at work. To expose some of the user details outside of the lan I have a web service which takes the calls for the information.

My library contains data services which return the information from AD and service gateways which retrieve the data from the web service.

I was hoping to use the same library for several of our apps, and only havethe one library but whilst considering the design, I have realised that the web service needs to be references within the service gateway code of thelibrary, and the web service needs to access the data access code in the library. Thus, I will be unable to build the library without first having the web service, but cant build the web service and publish it without having the library! I could comment out some calls, publish the service, then uncomment, republish - but the double build/publish would be a pain.

Can someone suggest a way forward, I dont really want to have two libraries, although I can see that this would resolve the issue.

Any info would be really appreciated..

Regards

Rob

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: