LG GH22 combo Internal DVD re writer

amok2

      29th Dec 2008
the original drive failed on my PC and I installed a new LG GH22 internal
drive this afternoon. On booting up I got an indicator telling me that new
hardware had been found. I inserted a DVD and the player worked but my
question is do I need to update the drivers for this hardware ( old player
was DVD ROM). If I do, which website should I use ( tried looking on LG site
was not much help)

regardss
amok

Rich Barry

      29th Dec 2008
You don't need specific drivers for this drive. There may be updated
firmware at LG's website.
"amok2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> the original drive failed on my PC and I installed a new LG GH22 internal
> drive this afternoon. On booting up I got an indicator telling me that new
> hardware had been found. I inserted a DVD and the player worked but my
> question is do I need to update the drivers for this hardware ( old player
> was DVD ROM). If I do, which website should I use ( tried looking on LG
> site
> was not much help)
>
> regardss
> amok

amok2

      30th Dec 2008
OK - that's good to know - thnx Rich

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> You don't need specific drivers for this drive. There may be updated
> firmware at LG's website.
> "amok2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > the original drive failed on my PC and I installed a new LG GH22 internal
> > drive this afternoon. On booting up I got an indicator telling me that new
> > hardware had been found. I inserted a DVD and the player worked but my
> > question is do I need to update the drivers for this hardware ( old player
> > was DVD ROM). If I do, which website should I use ( tried looking on LG
> > site
> > was not much help)
> >
> > regardss
> > amok

smlunatick

      1st Jan 2009
On Dec 30 2008, 6:00*am, amok2 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> OK - that's good to know - thnx Rich
>

> "Rich Barry" wrote:
> > * * * *You don't need specific drivers for this drive. There may be updated
> > firmware at LG's website.
> > "amok2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > the original drive failed on my PC and I installed a new LG GH22 internal
> > > drive this afternoon. On booting up I got an indicator telling me that new
> > > hardware had been found. I inserted a DVD and the player worked but my
> > > question is do I need to update the drivers for this hardware ( old player
> > > was DVD ROM). If I do, which website should I use ( tried looking on LG
> > > site
> > > was not much help)

> > > regardss
> > > amok- Hide quoted text -

If you got an included CD with this drive, you should have the LG ODD
firmware auto-update program. It gets installed when you install the
Cyberlink software.

amok2

      12th Feb 2009

I did mail LG and was told that any drivers would have to come from MS.

However, the drive did come with software ( a product called Nero) which
when I try to install says I need to upgrade my XP software to install
Directx 9.0c . I looked on the MS website and leant that this software cannot
be removed once loaded and I would need to create a restore point before

Should I install DirectX 9, what are the pros and cons ?

amok2

      12th Feb 2009

that is weird. when I checked the version of Direct X I had installed , I
already have Directx 9 , any ideads why Nero would not recognise that I have
version 9 ?

smlunatick

      13th Feb 2009
On Feb 12, 9:50*pm, amok2 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> that is weird. when I checked the version of Direct X I had installed , I
> already have Directx 9 , any ideads why Nero would not recognise that I have
> version 9 ?

Nero requires the most current DirectX 9.0c (delivered usually with
SP2) and some of the .Net Frameworks (not sure which versions.)

NOTE: The .Net Framework versions are not cumulative. Each version
is a separate version.