a letter informing customers of an employee's resignation

=?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWVubmU3Mg==?=

      26th Apr 2005
My boss is looking to find a templated letter which will inform our customers
of one of our former employee's resignation

Charles Kenyon

      26th Apr 2005
Talk to your legal department.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Adrienne72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My boss is looking to find a templated letter which will inform our
> customers
> of one of our former employee's resignation

Graham Mayor

      26th Apr 2005
I wouldn't have thought you would need a special template for this - merely
complete the information you wish to impart in a letter and use mail merge
to merge the customers' names and addresses into the appropriate parts of
the letter. This is pretty standard fare for Word.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Adrienne72 wrote:
> My boss is looking to find a templated letter which will inform our
> customers of one of our former employee's resignation

=?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWVubmU3Mg==?=

      26th Apr 2005
Hello Charles,

Thank you for your response.

However, we do not have a Legal Department. We are a very small company.

My boss asked me to find a template letter which an inform all of our
customers that someone has left our company. He does not want to have to
write it himself. He would like to have an example. Do you know where I can
find this? All I keep finding are examples of resignations written in the
first person.

Thank you.
Adrienne

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

> Talk to your legal department.
> --
> Charles Kenyon
>
> Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word
>
> Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version of
> Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/usersguide
>
> See also the MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word which is awesome!
> --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
> This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies
> and questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn
> from my ignorance and your wisdom.
>
> "Adrienne72" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My boss is looking to find a templated letter which will inform our
> > customers
> > of one of our former employee's resignation

=?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWVubmU3Mg==?=

      26th Apr 2005
Hello Graham,

Thank you for your reply; however, I may not have made my request clear. My
boss asked me to find a template letter which can inform all of our customers

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> I wouldn't have thought you would need a special template for this - merely
> complete the information you wish to impart in a letter and use mail merge
> to merge the customers' names and addresses into the appropriate parts of
> the letter. This is pretty standard fare for Word.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> Adrienne72 wrote:
> > My boss is looking to find a templated letter which will inform our
> > customers of one of our former employee's resignation

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tSW5OYXBsZXM=?=

      26th Apr 2005
An announcement stating that so and so had departed form ABC company for a new
adventure. And that your company wishes him well in his new endeavor.

"Adrienne72" wrote:

> My boss is looking to find a templated letter which will inform our customers
> of one of our former employee's resignation

=?Utf-8?B?QWRyaWVubmU3Mg==?=

      26th Apr 2005
Hello Tom,
Thank you for the reply. However, my boss is requesting something more than
a mere sentence or two. He would like more. I am not sure how I can do this
unless, I just write about his accomplishments within the company. Do you
have any other ideas?
Adrienne

"TomInNaples" wrote:

> An announcement stating that so and so had departed form ABC company for a new
> adventure. And that your company wishes him well in his new endeavor.
>
> "Adrienne72" wrote:
>
> > My boss is looking to find a templated letter which will inform our customers
> > of one of our former employee's resignation

Daiya Mitchell

      26th Apr 2005
If your boss knows what he is looking for, he should write it himself.
Anyhow, technically this group is not intended to advise on the actual
content of Word documents, although there is a flaw in the MS template site
that directs people here. You may have better luck just googling the web
for examples, try PR sites or press releases that announce someone's
departure.

On 4/26/05 9:54 AM, "Adrienne72" wrote:

> Hello Tom,
> Thank you for the reply. However, my boss is requesting something more than
> a mere sentence or two. He would like more. I am not sure how I can do this
> unless, I just write about his accomplishments within the company. Do you
> have any other ideas?
> Adrienne
>
> "TomInNaples" wrote:
>
>> An announcement stating that so and so had departed form ABC company for a
>> new
>> adventure. And that your company wishes him well in his new endeavor.
>>
>> "Adrienne72" wrote:
>>
>>> My boss is looking to find a templated letter which will inform our
>>> customers
>>> of one of our former employee's resignation

Joseph McGuire

      27th Apr 2005
You can search the internet for some do-it-yourself "legal" forms and
templates. Of course, you get what you pay for. If you look long enough
you might find something useful. Of course, the boss could write a hundred
of these letters in the time it will take you to find something, but a
person has to have priorities and your boss certainly has some here. Sounds
like an opportunity for some good clean fun. If the boss's top priority is
that he or she does not write the letter, you could tell him you will take a
few days off to find one and I'll write one for you. No fee. Meanwhile,
you could be off somewhere enjoying yourself instead of working for the
boss. Or you could write it yourself but tell the boss you found it on the
internet--you could spice it up with some dramatic story about where you
found it. Perhaps from the people who run the famous Nigerian letter hoax?
Perhaps from a high desert commune whose members are upset that they where
not beamed up into space when the Hale-Bopp comet passed by a few years ago
and who believe that writing template letters for businesses while awaiting
the comet's return allows them to communicate with a higher force.