the letter 'g' keeps repeating on my computer

Ross Milne

      7th Feb 2004
I need some help.

I left my computer downloading some animations via gozilla
and when I cam back to check on it the computer acted as
if the 'g' key was stuck down. I checked this and it was
fine. So I rebooted the machine and it let me log in fine
but as soon as I click on my left mouse button it starts
to repeat the letter 'g' again! Help.

I've tried unpluging the keyboard to see if it's a fault
there but even with no keyboard connected it kept
repeating the letter 'g'. Is this a virus?? My Anti-
virus ran out a couple of weeks ago and I now cant update
it as I cant enter any details in.

Has any one got any suggestions??

David H. Lipman

      7th Feb 2004
Try another keyboard !

Dave

"Ross Milne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bb9101c3edc8$fed8d090$(E-Mail Removed)...
| I need some help.
|
| I left my computer downloading some animations via gozilla
| and when I cam back to check on it the computer acted as
| if the 'g' key was stuck down. I checked this and it was
| fine. So I rebooted the machine and it let me log in fine
| but as soon as I click on my left mouse button it starts
| to repeat the letter 'g' again! Help.
|
| I've tried unpluging the keyboard to see if it's a fault
| there but even with no keyboard connected it kept
| repeating the letter 'g'. Is this a virus?? My Anti-
| virus ran out a couple of weeks ago and I now cant update
| it as I cant enter any details in.
|
| Has any one got any suggestions??

      8th Feb 2004
Thanks i tired that to and it made no difference! Any
other suggestion!?

Ross

Vance Green

      8th Feb 2004
Check in your Accessibility Options in Control
Panel.

Perhaps something there may have got turned on
by mistake.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c2dc01c3ee2a$f0b385c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks i tired that to and it made no difference! Any
> other suggestion!?
>
> Ross

Colon Terminus

      8th Feb 2004

It could be a motherboard fault. What motherboard is in your computer? Does
it have an on-board keyboard controller chip? Does it have an on-board
Super-IO chip with a keyboard controller?

What happens when you boot with a DOS diskette? Do you still get the gggggg
thingie?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c2dc01c3ee2a$f0b385c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks i tired that to and it made no difference! Any
> other suggestion!?
>
> Ross

David H. Lipman

      8th Feb 2004
What motherboard does NOT have its own Keyboard controller chip ?

Dave

"Colon Terminus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4lvVb.6882524$(E-Mail Removed)...

| It could be a motherboard fault. What motherboard is in your computer? Does
| it have an on-board keyboard controller chip? Does it have an on-board
| Super-IO chip with a keyboard controller?
|
| What happens when you boot with a DOS diskette? Do you still get the gggggg
| thingie?
|
| <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:c2dc01c3ee2a$f0b385c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > Thanks i tired that to and it made no difference! Any
| > other suggestion!?
| >
| > Ross

Colon Terminus

      8th Feb 2004

Almost all newer boards emulate the 8042 instead of installing the physical
chip.

> What motherboard does NOT have its own Keyboard controller chip ?
>
> Dave
>

> "Colon Terminus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4lvVb.6882524$(E-Mail Removed)...
> |
> | It could be a motherboard fault. What motherboard is in your computer?

Does
> | it have an on-board keyboard controller chip? Does it have an on-board
> | Super-IO chip with a keyboard controller?
> |
> | What happens when you boot with a DOS diskette? Do you still get the

gggggg
> | thingie?
> |
> | <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | news:c2dc01c3ee2a$f0b385c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> | > Thanks i tired that to and it made no difference! Any
> | > other suggestion!?
> | >
> | > Ross

Steve N.

      8th Feb 2004
I believe Gozilla Free is adware. I'd scan the system with Spybot search
and Destroy and AdAware. Maybe uninstall Gozilla and see if the problem
goes away.

You can navigate in Windows without using the mouse at all although it's
a bit tedious - use the Tab key to toggle through buttons and entry
fields, spacebar to drop down menus, enter to select items.

Definitely get some antivirus going, too. AVG seems pretty good and it's
free from www.grisoft.com

Steve

Ross Milne wrote:

> I need some help.
>
> I left my computer downloading some animations via gozilla
> and when I cam back to check on it the computer acted as
> if the 'g' key was stuck down. I checked this and it was
> fine. So I rebooted the machine and it let me log in fine
> but as soon as I click on my left mouse button it starts
> to repeat the letter 'g' again! Help.
>
> I've tried unpluging the keyboard to see if it's a fault
> there but even with no keyboard connected it kept
> repeating the letter 'g'. Is this a virus?? My Anti-
> virus ran out a couple of weeks ago and I now cant update
> it as I cant enter any details in.
>
> Has any one got any suggestions??

New Member

      2nd Aug 2012
Hit the 'f' key or Shift 'f' . Then go to control panel
Add remove programs and unistall " GStrikeforce "