PC Review

Legal XP Tablet Software Download

16th Nov 2010
Hi,

I need a copy of Windows XP Tablet Edition. My Laptop has been wiped and I need to re-install the above. I have a legitimet copy with the Windows sticker on the back of the laptop with the License key.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the OS?

Regards
AJ

Silly Fool

16th Nov 2010
Give Microsoft a call and expalin your story to them and they will send a disk out to you.

sugar 'n spikes

16th Nov 2010
As far as I know the only copies of Windows that are downloadable are iffy ones, el naughtio, warez, pirate, much to MS's chagrin - u get the picture?

However, if a friend has a copy you can install that and use your serial number, I've done that lots of times.

Other than that, contact Microsoft for the postal solution.

Don Van Vliet 1941 - 2010. And the acid gold bar swirled up and down, up and down.

17th Nov 2010
It's no good. No one has the tablet software..

Silly Fool

17th Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJButler
It's no good. No one has the tablet software..
AJ as both myself anf Floppybootstomp have pointed out. Give MS a call. They will ship you a copy. I have done it in the past with no problem.

Captain Crunchie, Retired

17th Nov 2010
Quote:
If the version of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition that you are currently running was included with your hardware device or system, the manufacturer provides technical support and help for this software.

Your computer manufacturer may have customized the installation with unique components, such as specific device drivers and optional settings. These components are intended to maximize the performance of the hardware.

If you want technical help with Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, contact your computer manufacturer.
Lots more info HERE

I am the dreadful menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: