PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

LED style text display control

 
 
jediknight
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Feb 2007
Does anyone know of any examples of doing LED style text displays?

I need to implement a text display which has one line of 20
characters.

There was an example on Codeproject but I cannot seem to find it now.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
rowe_newsgroups
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Feb 2007
On Feb 21, 11:06 am, "jediknight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any examples of doing LED style text displays?
>
> I need to implement a text display which has one line of 20
> characters.
>
> There was an example on Codeproject but I cannot seem to find it now.


Do you mean LED or LCD displays?

By the way, are these the codeproject articles you mentioned?

http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/csppleds.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/cspplcds.asp

Thanks,

Seth Rowe

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eric Renken
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Feb 2007
Wow for me those links crash IE 7.

Eric Renken

"rowe_newsgroups" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 21, 11:06 am, "jediknight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any examples of doing LED style text displays?
>>
>> I need to implement a text display which has one line of 20
>> characters.
>>
>> There was an example on Codeproject but I cannot seem to find it now.

>
> Do you mean LED or LCD displays?
>
> By the way, are these the codeproject articles you mentioned?
>
> http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/csppleds.asp
> http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/cspplcds.asp
>
> Thanks,
>
> Seth Rowe
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric Renken
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      21st Feb 2007
Are you looking for a GUI control or a way to connect to actual hardware?

If you are looking for a GUI control I found this:

http://www.componentsource.com/produ...uee/index.html
http://www.componentsource.com/produ...net/index.html

For all instrument controls check out this link:

http://www.componentsource.com/featu...orm/index.html

Eric Renken


"jediknight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of any examples of doing LED style text displays?
>
> I need to implement a text display which has one line of 20
> characters.
>
> There was an example on Codeproject but I cannot seem to find it now.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
rowe_newsgroups
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Feb 2007
> Wow for me those links crash IE 7.

Score one for firefox!

:-)

Thanks,

Seth Rowe


On Feb 21, 5:21 pm, "Eric Renken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Wow for me those links crash IE 7.
>
> Eric Renken
>
> "rowe_newsgroups" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > On Feb 21, 11:06 am, "jediknight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Does anyone know of any examples of doing LED style text displays?

>
> >> I need to implement a text display which has one line of 20
> >> characters.

>
> >> There was an example on Codeproject but I cannot seem to find it now.

>
> > Do you mean LED or LCD displays?

>
> > By the way, are these the codeproject articles you mentioned?

>
> >http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/csppleds.asp
> >http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/cspplcds.asp

>
> > Thanks,

>
> > Seth Rowe



 
Reply With Quote
 
Willy Denoyette [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Feb 2007
"Eric Renken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wow for me those links crash IE 7.
>


Crash meaning what? Never had any problems with these sites and IE7.

Willy.

 
Reply With Quote
 
jediknight
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Feb 2007
On 21 Feb, 22:36, "Eric Renken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Are you looking for a GUI control or a way to connect to actual hardware?
>
> If you are looking for a GUI control I found this:
>
> http://www.componentsource.com/produ...umeric-led-net...
>
> For all instrument controls check out this link:
>
> http://www.componentsource.com/featu.../net-winform/i...
>
> Eric Renken
>
> "jediknight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
>
> > Does anyone know of any examples of doingLEDstyle text displays?

>
> > I need to implement a text display which has one line of 20
> > characters.

>
> > There was an example on Codeproject but I cannot seem to find it now.- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -



I have a multiline LED display which has 4 lines of 20 characters, it
can display flashing, scrolling text information for tourists, drivers
etc.
I need a C# control which allows me to display LED style text.

I saw one some time ago on codeproject but cannot locate it now.

It used a bitmap with all the alphanumeric characters (LED style).

 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric Renken
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      22nd Feb 2007
Meaning it was displaying a Just In Time Debugging window and when I
wouldn't attached to it with VS 2005 IE would go away. It is working today.
I have seen this on other sites and I believe it is related to some
JavaScript processing problems. No I don't know exactly what problems.

Eric Renken

"Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Eric Renken" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Wow for me those links crash IE 7.
>>

>
> Crash meaning what? Never had any problems with these sites and IE7.
>
> Willy.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LED light box display--Only 11 mm LED slim light box in China! jenny Windows XP Photos 0 24th May 2007 10:22 AM
LED light box display--Only 11 mm LED slim light box in China! jenny Microsoft Access Forms 0 24th May 2007 10:12 AM
LED light box display--Only 11 mm LED slim light box in China! jenny Microsoft Frontpage 0 24th May 2007 10:06 AM
LED light box display--Only 11 mm LED slim light box in China! jenny Windows XP Internet Explorer 0 24th May 2007 10:03 AM
HD LED Cathode 1 o o 2 PS LED cathodeHD LED Cathode 1 o o 2 PS LED cathodeHD LED Cathode 1 o o 2 PS LED cathodeHD LED Cathode 1 o o 2 PS LED cathode Jethro Computer Hardware 3 10th Apr 2007 02:53 AM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:22 AM.