Lebans MouseWheelOff code

Tara

      3rd Jun 2010
I've dowloaded Steven Lebans MouseWheelOff sample db in hopes of using the
code in my db. However, when I try to open it, Access gives the following
message:

Microsoft Access cannot open this file.

This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrused site.
Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems.
To open the file, copy it to your machine or an accessible network location.

Not sure how to resolve this since it already IS on my machine. Any ideas
on how to get around this?

Gina Whipp

      3rd Jun 2010
Tara,

Sounds like you are opening it in Access 2007 with means the database must
be placed in a Trusted Location OR you’re my Documents folder. Is that the
case? (http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_fi...edLocation.htm) Of
not, please post additional details.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

READ ME: These newgroups will be closing sometime in June. Questions
regarding Access can be posted here...
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ddbuz/threads?

"Tara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I've dowloaded Steven Lebans MouseWheelOff sample db in hopes of using the
code in my db. However, when I try to open it, Access gives the following
message:

Microsoft Access cannot open this file.

This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrused site.
Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems.
To open the file, copy it to your machine or an accessible network location.

Not sure how to resolve this since it already IS on my machine. Any ideas
on how to get around this?

Tara

      3rd Jun 2010
Thanks for reponding Gina. Actually, I'm using Access 2000. Not sure what
other info I can provide...

I downloaded it and extracted it to a folder on my C:/ drive.

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Tara,
>
> Sounds like you are opening it in Access 2007 with means the database must
> be placed in a Trusted Location OR you’re my Documents folder. Is that the
> case? (http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_fi...edLocation.htm) Of
> not, please post additional details.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> READ ME: These newgroups will be closing sometime in June. Questions
> regarding Access can be posted here...
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...ddbuz/threads?
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Tara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've dowloaded Steven Lebans MouseWheelOff sample db in hopes of using the
> code in my db. However, when I try to open it, Access gives the following
> message:
>
> Microsoft Access cannot open this file.
>
> This file is located outside your intranet or on an untrused site.
> Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems.
> To open the file, copy it to your machine or an accessible network location.
>

> Not sure how to resolve this since it already IS on my machine. Any ideas
> on how to get around this?

Gina Whipp

      4th Jun 2010
Tara,

I forget, does Access 2000 have Macro Security? If yes it will be located
under Tools and you will need to set that to Low.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

READ ME: These newgroups will be closing June 1st. Questions regarding