Laptop shutdown question

Barry

      1st Dec 2008
I have a Dell Inspiron 1720, came with Vista.. I removed Vista and installed
Winxp Pro. "love it"..
Well anyway, I was wondering if under power options, The only 2 choices for
closing the lid are
"do nothing", and "stand by".... Is it possible to have additional option
added "Shutdown"..
It's still a great trade off, even if it's not possible.. Just wondering...
Thanks
Barry Austex

Shenan Stanley

      1st Dec 2008
Barry wrote
> I have a Dell Inspiron 1720, came with Vista.. I removed Vista and
> installed Winxp Pro. "love it"..
> Well anyway, I was wondering if under power options, The only 2 choices
> for closing the lid are
> "do nothing", and "stand by".... Is it possible to have additional option
> added "Shutdown"..
> It's still a great trade off, even if it's not possible.. Just
> wondering...

Did you install all the Dell Windows XP drivers and Dell Windows XP
software?
http://support.dell.com/support/down...g=en&TabIndex=

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Twayne

      2nd Dec 2008
> I have a Dell Inspiron 1720, came with Vista.. I removed Vista and
> installed Winxp Pro. "love it"..
> Well anyway, I was wondering if under power options, The only 2
> choices for closing the lid are
> "do nothing", and "stand by".... Is it possible to have additional
> option added "Shutdown"..
> It's still a great trade off, even if it's not possible.. Just
> wondering... Thanks
> Barry Austex

Hmm, I have a choice for ShutDown on my laptop. Have you applied the
Service Packs?

Twayne

inavlis

      14th Dec 2008
Yes you could, normally you can set it by using the Dell driver.