Laptop Memory Question

Don

      24th Apr 2012
Hello,
I have one of those barebone/mini PCs that takes 204 pin DDR3 memory.
The specs specify 800 megahertz DDR3 memory. DDR3 800 is getting harder
to find. Can I substitute 1066 megahertz memory instead? Or is the
faster memory incompatible?

SC Tom

      25th Apr 2012
"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I have one of those barebone/mini PCs that takes 204 pin DDR3 memory. The specs specify 800 megahertz DDR3 memory.
> DDR3 800 is getting harder to find. Can I substitute 1066 megahertz memory instead? Or is the faster memory
> incompatible?

As long as it's 204 pin DDR3, you shouldn't have a problem. It would be best to install in matched pairs (if your mini
has more than one slot).
--
SC Tom

Paul

      25th Apr 2012
Don wrote:
> Hello,
> I have one of those barebone/mini PCs that takes 204 pin DDR3 memory.
> The specs specify 800 megahertz DDR3 memory. DDR3 800 is getting harder
> to find. Can I substitute 1066 megahertz memory instead? Or is the
> faster memory incompatible?

Faster memory, works in slower systems.

If you need further assistance, provide make and model number info,
for either the computer, or the motherboard.

Crucial and Kingston provide search engines, for matching motherboards
to memory. And they can give a hint as to what might work. If you
see them quoting only faster memory, then you know you're headed in
the right direction.

Paul