labels avery 5395

=?Utf-8?B?ZGthbmps?=

      13th Jun 2005
I am trying to print out name badges with a watermark.. Only the first badge
appears on print preview even tho I have "one page of same" checked. When I
try to print, my printer just runs my paper threw without printing. What am
I doint wrong?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

      13th Jun 2005
Hi =?Utf-8?B?ZGthbmps?=,

> I am trying to print out name badges with a watermark.. Only the first badge
> appears on print preview even tho I have "one page of same" checked. When I
> try to print, my printer just runs my paper threw without printing. What am
> I doint wrong?

Try inserting a full sheet of labels and populating all of them (table cells,
actually).

1. Make sure the watermark is formatted to "move with text"

2. You should then be able to copy/paste the first cell to the other cells,
with the graphic maintaining position

3. If you have Word 2002 or 2003 you can use the mail merge "Propagate labels"
button to do this (you'd first need to connect to a data source, an Excel table
would do fine; you can then turn it back into a Normal Word document again. Use
the Mail Merge toolbar)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

=?Utf-8?B?YWphbmVl?=

      21st Jul 2005

"dkanjl" wrote:

> I am trying to print out name badges with a watermark.. Only the first badge
> appears on print preview even tho I have "one page of same" checked. When I
> try to print, my printer just runs my paper threw without printing. What am
> I doint wrong?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgaW4gVGV4YXM=?=

      13th Sep 2007
I need help. I want to create Name Badge Labels (Avery 5395)...Cannot figure
out any way to do so. Had no problem before we got Office 2007

"dkanjl" wrote:

> I am trying to print out name badges with a watermark.. Only the first badge
> appears on print preview even tho I have "one page of same" checked. When I
> try to print, my printer just runs my paper threw without printing. What am
> I doint wrong?

djprius

      13th Sep 2007
Carol,

In Word 2007, from the Ribbon go to Mailings|Labels|Options|Label
Vendor|Avery US Ltr|5395. Click "OK". If you want a full page of
*different* names, click New Document and complete the sheet; if you
want the *same* name on all the labels, fill in the box and then click
New Document -- and all the labels will be pre-filled in for you.

David

Carol in Texas wrote:
> I need help. I want to create Name Badge Labels (Avery 5395)...Cannot figure
> out any way to do so. Had no problem before we got Office 2007
>
> "dkanjl" wrote:
>
>> I am trying to print out name badges with a watermark.. Only the first badge
>> appears on print preview even tho I have "one page of same" checked. When I
>> try to print, my printer just runs my paper threw without printing. What am
>> I doint wrong?

Graham Mayor

      13th Sep 2007
The procedure is essentially the same in Word 2007 as it was in previous
versions. With what in particular are you having difficulty?

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm may offer some ideas?

--
Graham Mayor - Word MVP